Dell U3014 keeps going up in price!!! Whats going on?

chicofehr

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
Its now $1800 Canadian on their site. It was only 1200 at the beginning of the year and has increased by 100 2 months in a row? Any ideas for this? I want to get a 3rd as I already have 2 and want all matching. The U3011 doesn't like displayport very much so it wont be any good once DVI is out of the picture.

Solution
Sometimes vendors will jack up the price slightly just before the big holiday rush. Since no one is really buying during this time the decreased sales are not as important to them. It does however allow them to take larger percentages off without losing as much money during the holidays when everyone is shopping.

Also if there is a newer model then it doesn't mean that older one gets cheaper. I think they know that people like you may need another matching one so the price can even go up as supply is dwarfed by the demand.
Sometimes vendors will jack up the price slightly just before the big holiday rush. Since no one is really buying during this time the decreased sales are not as important to them. It does however allow them to take larger percentages off without losing as much money during the holidays when everyone is shopping.

Also if there is a newer model then it doesn't mean that older one gets cheaper. I think they know that people like you may need another matching one so the price can even go up as supply is dwarfed by the demand.

Solution

chicofehr

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
I guess I better have the money soon before they replace it. Matching monitors are easier to get the exact same colour look and also it looks nicer too. I'll wait for the $500-600 off which would bring it to the regular price.