Motherboard and CPU cooler recommendations

SakuraFlame

Reputable
May 20, 2015
Hi Guys,

I am going to do a complete rebuild of my gaming rig in the near future and I am planning on getting the intel i7 6700 as i will not be overclocking. My two major questions are what are any recommended motherboards and after market cpu cooler options for this cpu?

The reason for me getting the aftermarket cooler is due to the fact that i live in a extremely hot area with pretty bad air conditioning and also due to my wish to reduce the noise from the system. I have previously had a coolermaster hyper 212 evo, however both of them have suffered from extremely loud rattling about a year after the purchase. This could merely have been down to my bad luck but is there any quiet and effective coolers that you guys could suggest for someone who is not overclocking?

My current choice in motherboard would be the ASRock Z170 Extreme4 as i have had good experience with them in the past. I am currently running a single 970 however i would like the option to SLI in the future. If any of you have this motherboard could you please let me know if it is good for a dedicated gaming rig or if not any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks so much for your time guys!

syked3

Reputable
Jul 7, 2015
I'd definitely go for a Z170. My choice would be the MSI Gaming M5. It has 3 PCI x16 slots, so that's good for your GPU needs. It's definitely an excellent motherboard especially for gaming.
In terms of aftermarket cooling, the noctua NH D14 is a good choice and its quiet. Good things have also been said about the NZXT Kraken X40 98.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler