G-sync with Displayport to DVI adapter

Nazhul

Reputable
Sep 27, 2015
Can G-sync (GTX950) work if im using Displayport to DVI Adapter because my monitor has no displayport and only DVI and vga. My monitor is 1600x900 60hz refreshrate Acer s200hql

Solution

The monitor itself has to have to support G Sync and be certified.
All the FAQ states is that the system itself has to have a gpu supporting G Sync. You still need a Gsync monitor.

No you have to use Displayport only and the G Sync monitor will only allow Gsync to work on DIsplayport.

The monitor itself has to have to support G Sync and be certified.
All the FAQ states is that the system itself has to have a gpu supporting G Sync. You still need a Gsync monitor.

No you have to use Displayport only and the G Sync monitor will only allow Gsync to work on DIsplayport.

Solution

boju

Titan
Ambassador
What Suztera is saying is right, Gsync is actually a physical chip that is put inside the monitor.

Do you mean this faq?
Q: What are the minimum system requirements for notebook G-SYNC?

A: Notebooks must be designed to support G-SYNC. This includes a G-SYNC approved panel and the following requirements:

GPU: GeForce GTX 980M, 970M or 965M (SLI configurations are supported)
O/S: Windows 7, 8 and 8.1
Driver: R352.06 and above

I put the quoted 'approved panel' in bald to highlight the requirement they mention for Gsync to work.

Edit; Panel they mean the monitor, if that may have been the confusing part.

I expect it will not work with an adapter. Your monitor has to support this. So any monitors that support Free sync or Gsync will have one Displayport.