Windows Explorer Screwed Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

liammac001

Reputable
Nov 26, 2014
So I recently updated to Windows 10 on my custom built PC (here's the components in case you want to know: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/6np9Q7) Anyways I like it, but I'm having a few issues with it. Some have to do with my CPU, but the main thing is that Windows Explorer is being very annoying. I almost always put my computer to sleep as opposed to shutting it down because I have a slow HDD. However, after I put my PC to sleep once or twice I can't click on the Windows button or the "Search the web and Windows button", which means I can't open any applications that aren't on my desktop. It's pretty annoying. If I try to restart Windows Explorer in Task Manager, it never fully restarts. I just get a black screen and the task bar, which still doesn't work. I've had to switch the power button on my computer's task to putting the PC to sleep instead of shutting it down because I can't put my computer to sleep the normal way, which is also quite annoying. If anyone could help, I would really appreciate it.

Solution
You may be having difficulty with a Windows feature called hybrid shutdown, which performs a hibernate-like dump of important running processes and kernel components during each shutdown. To disable hybrid shutdown, type "Power plan" in Start and choose the first option. Click "Choose what the power buttons do" on the sidebar. Click "Change settings that are currently unavailable." Uncheck "Turn on fast startup."

Slashgeek

Admirable
You may be having difficulty with a Windows feature called hybrid shutdown, which performs a hibernate-like dump of important running processes and kernel components during each shutdown. To disable hybrid shutdown, type "Power plan" in Start and choose the first option. Click "Choose what the power buttons do" on the sidebar. Click "Change settings that are currently unavailable." Uncheck "Turn on fast startup."

Solution

liammac001

Reputable
Nov 26, 2014
I'll try that, thanks. If it works I'll pick yours as the solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.