Nvidia Cards on freesync Monitors? Did I messed up?

seeker23

Reputable
Jul 25, 2015
I bought a gaming pc and monitor but I didnt know my nvidia card ( GTX 980 TI ) dont support free sync ( Acer XG270HU ). How big of a deal is this? Should I return the monitor and find a G-Sync Monitor instead? My computer spec is i7-5820k processor, 16gb ddr4, GTX 980 TI.

Solution
I think you should return that monitor and buy g-sync monitor instead. I'm using xg270hu with 290x and freesync is just amazing. Of course g-sync monitors are pretty expensive but I think adaptive sync is worth extra dollar(s). Or you could return 980ti and buy Fury or Fury X instead, they are not bad either. But if you are low on money you sure can always keep the monitor and play without freesync. I think it's very good monitor even it is just TN.

Acer XB270HU might be the best monitor to go with: 1440p, 144Hz, g-sync and IPS.

789oGaming

Reputable
Oct 29, 2014
I think you should return that monitor and buy g-sync monitor instead. I'm using xg270hu with 290x and freesync is just amazing. Of course g-sync monitors are pretty expensive but I think adaptive sync is worth extra dollar(s). Or you could return 980ti and buy Fury or Fury X instead, they are not bad either. But if you are low on money you sure can always keep the monitor and play without freesync. I think it's very good monitor even it is just TN.

Acer XB270HU might be the best monitor to go with: 1440p, 144Hz, g-sync and IPS.

Solution