Nvidia Launching Fastest GeForce Ever?? – Dual GPU Monster Graphics Card Coming Soon

Knicks2012

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012
Nvidia is about to launch its fastest GeForce GTX graphics card ever, a brand new dual GPU flagship product that’s coming out sooner than you might think. This upcoming monster of a graphics card will feature two GM200 class GPUs, the same GPUs that Nvidia uses to power its ultra enthusiast class GeForce GTX Titan X and GTX 980 Ti graphics cards.

Read more: http://wccftech.com/nvidia-launching-dual-gpu-flagship-graphics/#ixzz3n6BFqIpW

If the rumors are true I wonder if they will call it a 990 or a Titan spinoff

Knicks2012

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012

Remember reading an article earlier this year where AMD has the headstart next year with the HBM 2 and Nvidia's HBM 2 cardws wont be out later in the year. So by releasing this dual gpu card they can have something to go up against AMD's HBM 2 while we all wait for Nvidia's HBM 2.

Well i don't know about that. Because samsung will also make HBM2. And latest talks says that both Samsung and Hynix both will supply HBM 2 for nvidia with production for HBM 2 will start in Q1 2016. But even if nvidia does nit have access to HBM2 due to supply issue i don't see any problem for nvidia using GDDR5. Looking at 980ti and Titan X are not being held back by GDDR5 there is no reason for nvidia to rush HBM adoption. Plus next year Micron will release GDDR5X which suppose to be successor to GDDR5. Yes it is a bit late but GDDR5X will uplift current GDDR5 limit at 8Ghz up to 10-14Ghz. Refine GDDR5X could probably operate at 16Ghz according to Micron.

To be honest right now i'd expect only GP100 going to use HBM while the rest will use GDDR5 or GDDR5X. Heck even AMD might do the same.

TRENDING THREADS