HELP PLEASE, MICROPHONE not WORKING

Status
Not open for further replies.

anaghkhandelwal

Reputable
Sep 29, 2015
I have Toshiba Satellite L650 running windows 10.
While microphone was working perfectly in windows 10, recently I faced a blue screen saying Driver_Power_State_Failure. I rebooted and everything seems to work just fine until I noticed that my microphone wasn't working.

Now to the Issue -

My microphone is not connected, and is only showing under show disconnected devices and is displaying not plugged in.
I have tried many things like windows troubleshoot to updating drivers (up to date) and even disabling them. Nothing showed any improvement and disabling drivers even disabled my speakers (which are working fine. Another thing is that speakers and microphone have same driver).
Now please please please, help me as I have read every forum, tried everything that internet said, but nothing has been proved successful for me.
Once again, please please help me .
Thank you all so much for taking time to help a complete stranger.
Thank you soo much........

Solution
Try a System Restore operation to the time before the issues started occurring. Type "System Restore" in Start, select the first option, and click "System Restore" in the window that appears. Choose a restore point that corresponds to when your microphone was still functional.

Slashgeek

Admirable
Try a System Restore operation to the time before the issues started occurring. Type "System Restore" in Start, select the first option, and click "System Restore" in the window that appears. Choose a restore point that corresponds to when your microphone was still functional.

Solution

anaghkhandelwal

Reputable
Sep 29, 2015

Slashgeek, thank you for your time, but while trying the process, the only restore point available is of yesterday, while the problem was still present. Hence this process can not be done in my case.
Thank you again for your time
Any other solutions maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.