Help with upgrade please

Onyxius

Reputable
Feb 17, 2014
Hey everyone, Below are my specs for my current machine. I am looking to do some upgrading in the next couple of months and was thinking of going right to the video card and doing an upgrade to it. For the most part my computer runs good but i feel like it could be better because games such as Arma 3, Battlefield 4, Skyforge have to be ran at medium and sometimes low settings which surprises me with my setup. I figured the ram and processor i have should be way more than enough which makes me think maybe it is my video.

I had two ideas in mind if it is video.
1) take my wife's card which is the exact same as mine and run sli, then buy her a recplacement card, OR since i do most of the higher end gaming, give her my card and i buy a better one, i was looking at the Geforce GTX 980.

So, this is where you guys come in, what do you guys suggest? I'm also wondering if i'm running my bios correctly as far as ram speed and such goes. I suppose taking pictures with my phone of my setup in the bios would be helpful. Would be nice if there was a utility i could run that gives me all that info you would need :)

I do have my DxDiag and MSInfo32 files if it would help.

My PC Specs:

EVGA GeForce GTX 770 4GB Video Card
AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor
RAM (16GB) Patriot Viper Xtreme 16GB 240 Pin ddr3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 ( PC3 15000)
Windows: 10 64 bit
Raidmax 850AE 850W ATX 12v (Power supply)
Asus M5A99X EVO AM3+ AMD 990X Sata 6GB (motherboard)
ASUS Xonar Essence STX (Sound Card)
HDD: Crucial M4 CT128M4SSD2 2.5 sata III

well yeah it looks like your in the same sort of situation as me my old board was m5a99x I now have a asus corsair V formula Z that I picked up on ebay for about a £100 works a lot better than my old m5a99x but my x4 980 really needs upgrading its holding back my R9 280x think I shall get a 9590 and some nice big watercooler