Need software to capture screen video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueboss

Reputable
Sep 30, 2015
I'm looking for screen capture software which uses internal audio for sound. Presently I have to use an external microphone to generate sound coming from the external speakers. Lousy sound quality. My PC is an OptiPlex 780 running Windows 10

Solution
I wouldn't suggest screen capture without hardware support, it's a hell of a lot of stress on a computer, especially for games.

If you want the quick and dirty way (not best, but better than using a microphone), just connect a male-male 3.5mm cable between the microphone jack and speaker output.
If you have a Nvidia 600 series or newer, or AMD 7000 or newer, you can use the xbox app that came with Windows 10, and that will record video and audio directly and with little performance loss. It's called GameDVR, but it can be used with basically anything.

Blueboss

Reputable
Sep 30, 2015
"If you have a Nvidia 600 series or newer, or AMD 7000 or newer, you can use the xbox app that came with Windows 10, and that will record video and audio directly and with little performance loss. It's called GameDVR, but it can be used with basically anything. "

I don't have the hardware. Thanks though, that's a great idea.

I wouldn't suggest screen capture without hardware support, it's a hell of a lot of stress on a computer, especially for games.

If you want the quick and dirty way (not best, but better than using a microphone), just connect a male-male 3.5mm cable between the microphone jack and speaker output.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.