Resolution scale 200% on 1080P monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedHaze1911

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2015
So i have this setting in my battlefield 4 settings menu,resolution scale and i can set it to 200%.
Does that mean its going to be essentially 4k? I have a 40 inch 60hz samsung led tv wich i use as a monitor for gaming and im wondering what will happen if i set the resolution to 1080p AND 200% resolution scaling? will my apartment blow up and create a black hole that consumes my whole family and yours?

Solution
It's kind of supersampling antialiasing @2 times your resolution (4k) and then downscaling to your native resolution. So it kind of looks like 4k and will also eat up resources like 4k.

Just try it...worst thing that could happen is some lag until you set it back.

migronesien

Honorable
It's kind of supersampling antialiasing @2 times your resolution (4k) and then downscaling to your native resolution. So it kind of looks like 4k and will also eat up resources like 4k.

Just try it...worst thing that could happen is some lag until you set it back.

Solution

RedHaze1911

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2015
So resolution scale will look like 4K but a bit worse? I dont get why people buy 4K monitors then,if most games will support 200% resolution scale then thers far less point in owning a 4K tv,exept for the 60 fps cap on my monitor ofc...
But ok,il try it out. I bet it will look amazing :D

aylafan

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2006
Physically it will look a whole lot worse and maybe blurry. Since it's downscaling 4k to fit on 1080p panel. You will have 1/4 or worse sharpness than a real 4k panel. This is why people buy 4k monitors and not doing what you are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.