Windows 10 All Metro Apps Crash

Afzal Sulaiman

Honorable
Sep 11, 2013
Intel i5
4 GB RAM
Windows10 Pro 64x
Was windows 8.1
I installed windows 10 using the iso file from Microsoft. I was working alright for few days. But then one day I restarted the pc and the start menu, metro apps and the setting were crashing in a second whenever I opened it. Before it stopped working, I took ownership of the hidden windows apps with my admin account, then the whole drive(I don’t know if it caused the problem).So I reset the pc(without deleting personal files) and got back the star menu and the setting window but not any of the metro apps (not even the store). Later, I reset whole thing, a complete reset this time but still didn’t bring back the metro apps.
I tried to reinstall the apps with the PowerShell command, tried everything with PowerShell that I found on the internet to solve the problem, didn’t work. Sfc/scannow says nothing is wrong. Then I tried some other stuff like; changing to high contrast and then back, renaming the Urclass.dat to urclass.dat.old (did all that with another admin account and also with my admin account) (the file you find in Users\Username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows).Did all that with another admin account and also with my admin account. Actually tried most of the things you can find on the internet right now to solve the problem, none worked.
Right now, whenever I open any file with metro apps; e.g. When I open a song with music app, It fails with an error “File system error (-2143326205)”. Before the second reset, it said it can’t access the folder.
On connecting to the Internet, the apps' tiles' shows stuffs, the news, money app,whether app etc , all showing new things. But just can't open any of them to view in windows.
Chdsk gets stuck at some point, most of the time at 12%. One time I waited for 8 hours, no use. (Just did so if it does anything).
So I just want to know if there is any way to solve it (without a reset, would be much better). Or should I download another iso?

Slashgeek

Admirable
Resets are not 100% reliable for solving software problems. The best fix may be a clean installation of Windows 10. Download the media creation tool here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windo...

Use it to create new USB or DVD installation media for Windows 10, which you'll boot into and use to perform a "Custom" installation without loss of data. Skip inputting the product key when prompted, and Windows 10 should self-activate after completion.