Computer crashed, problem trying to restore from external system image

Status
Not open for further replies.

holychez

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
Earlier yesterday, I updated my ethernet drivers and had to restart my computer to apply them. Upon restarting my computer an error came up on the screen with the words "INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE" and every time after I restarted it would come up with the same error. Now I restarted my computer in safe mode and tried to reinstall windows while keeping my personal files intact and for the past two hours the computer has been installing windows until 64% would shut off and then repeat that over and over. Instead of waiting to see if it would ever fix itself I decided to try and restore from one of my system image backups on my external hard drive, except the system image backup is not recognized. I can navigate to it by pressing install driver and then the contents of the drive are the following,
RNgUj9K.png
. No matter what I press on, I get an error that the file I have chosen does not have enough info to recover my image. Now I am stuck here on what to do next and how to fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Solution
Alright well stupid me figured out that what I made was actually a recovery drive! Except when I choose the troubleshoot option then Recover from a drive it tells me the system drive cannot be found!

Unkk

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2012
You may have a hard drive with bad sectors on it, or the spindle on it is bad.
Try replacing the hard drive and installing to it, then if that works you POSSIBLY could copy your files from the old hard drive.

holychez

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012

I have my windows OS on my ssd which is seperate from my hdd, so it should still be good.

holychez

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
Alright well stupid me figured out that what I made was actually a recovery drive! Except when I choose the troubleshoot option then Recover from a drive it tells me the system drive cannot be found!

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.