My PC won't boot up after trying to reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel Eyre

Reputable
Jan 17, 2015
So I wanted to reset my windows 10 (delete all the files and not the OS) and I left ithe to reset over night but I woke up and the reset was still on 2% so I decided to stop the reset and restart my pc but now when it boots up the computer it can't boot to windows and it just does a cycle of showing the boot options and for some reason I can't select the boot options from my keyboard.

Solution
you have to boot from the DVD drive. I dont think your mouse boots up, it gets power but thats it. Try disconnecting the keyboard and put it in another USB slot. how did you were deleting all files? you cant do a clean install with a upgrade version OS

Daniel Eyre

Reputable
Jan 17, 2015
I don't have a windows 10 dvd because I got it from the free update but I have a windows 8 dvd but when I put that in nothing happens

(I just realised my mouse boots up when I turn my computer on but my keyboard doesn't)

Winly

Distinguished
you have to boot from the DVD drive. I dont think your mouse boots up, it gets power but thats it. Try disconnecting the keyboard and put it in another USB slot. how did you were deleting all files? you cant do a clean install with a upgrade version OS

Solution

rcxtra

Reputable
Sep 15, 2015
You can download a Windows 10 installation ISO file using the Windows Media Creation Tool
Use the Windows USB/DVD Download Tool to make a bootable USB installation flash drive (select the ISO file you downloaded above).

Since you already upgraded to Windows 10 your PC is activated on the Windows servers so you don't need to enter a product key if you do a fresh install - just select skip product key whenever prompted.

Make sure you download the correct Windows 10 ISO file (Home or Pro -- 32 or 64 bit).
If you upgraded from Windows 8 Pro download Windows 10 Pro OR Win10 Home if you upgraded from Win 8 Home.

Status
Not open for further replies.