Asus ROG Swift PG278Q won't turn on straight away.

mrchdavid

Reputable
Oct 1, 2015
Hi all,

I am the proud owner of the above monitor for almost 10 months. However, I am now seeing a really strange issue. I have two monitors connected to my PC. When I turn my PC on the secondary monitor comes on straight away. However the Asus ROC has no power what so ever. If I get the power unit and keep plugging the power in and out, eventually the it powers up. It will then work for as long as the PC is on. When I switch the PC off it no longer goes into standby but just switches completely off and to get it working, I have to go through the whole jiggy cable thing thing. I'm wondering if it is indeed the power supply. But that is just a guess.

Any ideas would be great. :)

Solution
Hi,

I had the exact same problem. The issue is that although the monitor is great, the power supply unit (small external black box) is prone to failure. Mine displayed your symptoms for about 3 months before it stopped working altogether. Unfortunately ASUS wouldn't initially give me a replacement (I bought the monitor overseas), so I ended up buying a third party power supply from Ebay, which does the trick for $20 or so. If this happens you want "9V 4.74A 2.5MM ASUS G1SN GENUINE AC ADAPTER CHARGER", which worked for me. If you do end up having to contact Asus for a RMA replacement they will probably give you one, but I hear that they sometimes insist on your sending the whole monitor back. Asus now seem to be sending me a replacement...

marttimo

Reputable
Jan 7, 2016
Hi,

I had the exact same problem. The issue is that although the monitor is great, the power supply unit (small external black box) is prone to failure. Mine displayed your symptoms for about 3 months before it stopped working altogether. Unfortunately ASUS wouldn't initially give me a replacement (I bought the monitor overseas), so I ended up buying a third party power supply from Ebay, which does the trick for $20 or so. If this happens you want "9V 4.74A 2.5MM ASUS G1SN GENUINE AC ADAPTER CHARGER", which worked for me. If you do end up having to contact Asus for a RMA replacement they will probably give you one, but I hear that they sometimes insist on your sending the whole monitor back. Asus now seem to be sending me a replacement though, which is good if so.

Hope this helps!

Martin

Solution