Windows 10 Cyborg V7 keyboard Not working

SirQnknown

Reputable
Feb 23, 2014
Hello,

I have spent 2 hours looking through google including search through foreign languages I cannot understand and I have failed to find a solution. Cyborg Saitek v7 keyboard wont work with Windows 10, tried all the steps given on Microsoft forums by their engineer support, nothing will work, drivers will not install as they are not compatible with windows 10, keyboard with default windows 10 drivers also will not work. Through my search I found that I am not the only person who cannot get this fixed. The only solution that “worked” for other people was reverting back to Windows 7. In short words drivers will not install and there are no other drivers that will work with this keyboard. All solutions that normally work on Windows 7 will not work on Windows 10.

If you have any solutions or ideas please share them with me as Microsoft support gave up also as Cyborg support. Cannot get it working and really don’t want to throw this keyboard away as at the moment I am not in the position to buy another decent keyboard.

Thank you,

Solution
Your keyboard is not yet supported in Windows 10. There are no drivers from Cyborg for Windows 10 yet and Microsoft will most likely not release any baseline drivers that work with your hardware as it's a niche product. If you cannot get the hardware to work using the Windows 8.1 drivers then your only option is going to be reverting to an older OS or replacing the keyboard. Unfortunately, your case is not special. There are a TON of hardware products out there that the manufacturers have no Win10 drivers for, and no plans to release any.

I can list ten to twenty Intel Ethernet adapters without Win10 drivers and Intel's official response to my inquires about these adapters is that they are not supported and no Win10 driver support is expected to be forthcoming. Unfortunately, there's not a lot you can do unless the device is returnable.

uk123456

Reputable
Oct 5, 2015
I had same problem yesterday. Looked through Microsoft forums for possible solutions but couldn't get them to work. Removed and re-installed drivers and restarted PC a few times. Keyboard kept coming on but wasn't functioning. I then disconnected USB cables (4 of them) and swapped them around and it came to life! Not a scientific solution I know but it worked for me so give it a go. (I didn't have any W10 issues with the V7 keyboard until my PC installed latest W10 updates over the weekend)

Basic keyboard function is likely to happen though Windows update drivers in the near future as more core hardwares are added to the servers, but device feature support for specific buttons and behaviors is unlikely, although possible in some cases, to be a part of that support. For that the drivers will likely need to come from the manufacturer so you'll probably have to wait it out and see if they release any windows 10 drivers going forward.

Lamasou

Reputable
Nov 10, 2015
I managed to get my Mad Catz v7 to fully work with Win10, including software. My problem was that I got stuck when the installer asked me to insert the keyboard USB, it would not detect. As far as I can see this should work with Win8/7 too.

My solution is strange but it worked so here you go; for anyone who needs it later:

1- You want to download and install the drivers first (don't try the software yet)
- You will get stuck on the part asking you to stick the USB in.
- Close the installer and search up device manager with the search bar in the task bar; open it.
- This keyboard has 6 drivers that you want to look at. First go to the part with keyboard (make sure v7 is the only one connected) and there should be two drivers for it here, labelled HID compatible device or whatever.
- Right-click it and press update drivers....
- Two choices, pick the bottom one, and again on the new screen that'll appear; both of them indicate you want to pick your own driver and certificate.
- Here, it gives you two certificates to choose from or something, but none of them is Mad Catz/Saitek, which is what you're looking for.
- Press I have a disk (I know you don't just do it. Even if you do, think that you don't.)
- Press browse and browse here: C:/Windows/Temp/Saitek/ and go select the innermost folder, there's only one there so don't worry too much; I forget what it's called.
- Now, it gives you a few more choices. You want to install Saitek Keyboard (the other two being hotkeys and gaming keys) for both of the keyboard certificates.
- Now the Saitek certificates are installed and the keyboard should be recognisable to the PC.

2- Now for the software:
- Run the installer and it should just install without asking for you to connect or disconnect.
- Having installed it, run it and it gives you a choice between two keyboards. SELECT YOUR MODEL ONLY!!! I was tinkering around with this ALOT and have three models installed (don't even ask), and now I have three Mad Catz drivers starting up and it's just a mess.
- Now you're almost done, try pressing the C keys and see if they work? If they do, just make sure to test out the keys you made before getting cozy. Sometimes you need to re-programme several times.
- If they don't, just go back to device manager and this time go under the human interface expandable.
- It should be fairly obvious which 3 you need. HID vendor controlled, interactive buttons and other strange names that Windows thought was good to give them.
- OK, I'm going to be mega nice and just give you what you need so you don't have to through trial and error:
- You don't need to touch the vendor defined one, now I forget were there two consumer controlled things or one? If yes, select one and try if it works.
- Now go all the way to the certificate installation in the update driver manually thing we already went through. untick the show compatible hardware box.
- From the list of vendors find Saitek. Three options appear. You want the hotkeys one, NOT the kayboard one, NOT the gaming keys one.
- Reboot and it should work. it worked for me.
- You should now be able to programme and use your keys.

Happy gaming!
Persian Sphinx.

P.S. You can copy paste this guide to any other forum you think you want to, but give credit to 'Persian Sphinx' (me). Thanks!

Ironmonkey380

Reputable
Dec 7, 2015

Thanks for posting this. My keyboard didn't work after installing Windows 10 back in August. I did like you said and unplugged and swapped out my USB cables (I only had 2) restarted computer and "Yes...It's Alive!!! I am happily typing this now!

Captain Spud

Reputable
Dec 8, 2015

This was awesome advice, and although it didn't properly work for me, it provided the basis for me finding my own fix. So, if you've tried Persian Sphinx's fix and it didn't work, try mine before you give up! So, at the stage when you're in the device manager, and you're attempting to update the keyboard drivers by manually searching for them, I found this to be impossible. Firstly, the drivers in the Temp file were under MadCatz, NOT Saitek. Secondly none of the files I selected were recognised as drivers for the purposes of updating the keyboard drivers.

I then had the thought though, since my keyboard wasn't being recgonised as such, but rather a USB, what if I update THOSE drivers? So I went to the action tab at the top, and clicked 'scan for hardware changes', and this brought up two unknown devices (I forget which heading but they both had little exclamation points in yellow triangles beside them). I then clicked update drivers, and clicked the bottom option (manually search), but this time I just used the top option to browse from my temp file and select the MadCatz driver. I just browsed from the top folder and made sure the check box which told the computer to search any sub-folders was selected. Doing this for the first 'unknown device' led to my lights turning on, but still no keyboard. After I repeated the same process for the second unknown device, my keyboard began working again and I'm typing this text through it now!!

So yeah, my solution did not involve updating the keyboard drivers at all, but rather forcing windows to recgonise the USB inputs for what they are.

Hope this helps/saves people some time.

Solution

kukuhabibi

Commendable
Jun 2, 2016

Thank you so much! I was on the edge of throwing my keyboard out of the window, but by simply swapping the cables around everything's fine again. :)

TheRealGuido

Commendable
Jul 13, 2016

signed up just do like this:) helped me twice now !

kosh_neranek

Commendable
Jul 18, 2016
Tried all the above.seems it looks differently on various machines. Got it working in the end.
start
So everything is uninstalled. No trace of mad catz sw or drivers.I connected the keyboard and it appeared in dev manager under keyboards.But it
showed only 1 device on my sytem (Asus P9X79 Deluxe) I went on and installed the latest drivers from mad catz web
http://www.madcatz.com/downloads/
Remember only driver not sw.Yes you will get profiler with it..After this the unidentified keyboard in dev manager disapeared and I had a new
device in Other devices with exclamation mark.Once you get in the properties you will actually see the name Cyborg v7 blabla. In there I chose
update driver.Picked up my driver and on the page where you have HAVEDISK there I had 3 compatible devices. HID keyboard, HID something and Saitek Cyborg v7. CHOOSE HID KEYBOARD. And voila it worked for me. Hope it will help at least somebody.

Still it's a disgrace for microsoft. Seriously it's a HID,OK no need for macro keys support but at least the keypad. My 10euro airmouse w/keyboard from ebay worked instantly.It's a joke

Rothschild

Commendable
Jul 25, 2016
I was able to fix it after one hour. Just open the device manager and search for new hardware. Then right click on the "unknown device" with the /!\ warning symbol. Choose "Drivers" -> "Update drivers" -> "Search on Computer for drivers" -> "Select from a list on the computer" -> then choose "HID-Keyboard". Worked for me.
[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=083iXvqGVW4&feature=youtu.be"][/video]

Chacho

Commendable
Jan 6, 2017
hi, first of all sorry for my english,

I was spend a lot of time fighing with a cyborb keyboard v7 and win 10 64bits

Finally I get the keyboard works 100%

first, do the steps of german video in this page https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=083iXvqGVW4
and your keyboard works on win 10, but not the programmable keys,

this is the original sqitek software for Windows 8.1/8/7 and Vista 64 bit

http://download01.logitech.com/saitek/full/Saitek_SD6_6_7_5_2_x64_Software_pfw.exe

and this for Windows 8.1/8/7 and Vista 32 bit

http://download01.logitech.com/saitek/full/Saitek_SD6_6_7_5_2_x86_Software_pfw.exe

and works great and do your keyboar cyborg v7 100% operative

greetings

Windows 8.1/8/7 and Vista 64 bit

SirLokiOdin

Prominent
May 4, 2017
Hi there, i have been having this problem too, both with the drivers not installing and with the USB plugs needing to be in very specific ports for the keyboard to work properly. The step where you force the device manager to install basic HID drivers is fine to at least get the basic typing side working. Once you have done that step you will be able to type etc but not use the rest of the keys. While digging around I found a Mad Catz site that has drivers for Win10 that gets the media function keys working properly for Win10 as well as making the keyboard show up correctly in the device manager. There is also a link to the software for the keyboard profile manager too.

http://www.madcatz.com/downloads/

From there select your device and the OS flavor you need.

Good Luck