Start menu Broken Want to go back to Windows 7

ccoo84

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2013
I am a I.T guy, and lately I'm just sick of it lol

I have a custom gaming rig here at home, I had upgraded to windows 10 when it was first available and found out that some of my Programs werent compatible yet so I rolled the computer back to windows 7.

Finally all my programs had come out with the windows 10 updates so I figured I would go ahead with the windows 10 installer and update it thinking Microsoft had sometime to get Windows 10 fixed up a bit..

I was wrong for having faith.. I upgraded windows and the only thing I did was update my Video drivers from navidia and I found that my Windows start button dosent work anymore, I tried using the fixes from the internet with the powershell fix but it does'nt fix it.

I'm tired of doing I.T for the time being and want to roll back windows to 7 for the next year because microsoft is pissing me off with their crapware.

But the thing is I cant figure out how to roll it back without using the start menu under settings.

Is there a Command that I can use in the prompt to activate the window to rollback to windows 7?

thanks in advance.

ccoo84

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2013
No I understand, that I can make it look like windows 7, I dont want to keep putting makeup on a ugly women if you know what I mean. So once again how do I roll back windows without the start menu function..?

a_en

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2009
Have you tried the sfc /scannow on cmd? or maybe do system restore to date before driver update.
If system restore work then do chkdsk on cmd, and try reinstall your VGA drivers.