Windows 10 graphical issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoctorHerobrine

Reputable
Aug 6, 2015
Hello Tom's Hardware members/people/users (I don't know),

I need to explain something that happened a while ago which messed up my computer. I installed Windows 10 and the first time I used it, I upgraded from Windows 7. It was extremely slow so I decided to go into Windows 10's advanced options and choose "Reset your PC" to, obviously, reset my PC. When I clicked it, it got stuck at 5% so I shut off my PC. I then selected "Reset your PC" again and it got stuck on 32% and the computer shut off. I booted it back up and it said "No operating system was found". So, Windows 10 had killed itself. I luckily had 2 copies of Windows 7 Home Premium and like 3 copies of Windows Vista Home Premium and Ultimate. So, I installed Windows 7 back on my PC since I didn't want to use the dreadful Windows Vista and my brother got a Windows 10 installer on his USB stick because I didn't want to wait 48 hours for updates to install. I reinstalled Windows 10 and it worked perfectly fine, but there was a problem. I could run games fine for like 2 weeks then my computer started acting weird. Games would just crash to desktop when I'm pretty much doing nothing and I thought nothing of it at the time so I just went to YouTube to watch some videos. I noticed some strange graphical errors at the top left of Google Chrome and I thought it was just Chrome until it started spreading across the screen. It started from the top left, to the top right then it went onto the taskbar and filled it with glitches and I stepped back a bit because I thought the graphics card, well I call it a graphics card but its really just an ATi Radeon 3000 Graphics chip built into the CPU, was burning or something. The video I was watching was playing just fine, I'll put screenshots below. Also, there not really screenshots but their just crappy quality photos taken from my phone camera.

Edit: The pictures didn't upload properly to Tom's Hardware so I will let you use the links like this.

http://imgur.com/Iy6hTcy

http://imgur.com/gBhnF9k

http://imgur.com/nBUmFl1

I would like to install Windows 10 again because I liked the overall look of it and it felt a lot like Windows 8/8.1 except it doesn't have a start screen, which is a good thing. I would install Windows 8/8.1 again but I installed Windows 8 Pro with my original product key on my old laptop and I can no longer use the key anymore because I forgot to deactivate it.

Computer specifications:
PC Manufacturer: Compaq
PC Model: SG3-320UK
OS (currently): Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
RAM: 2GB
GPU: ATi Radeon 3000 Graphics 256MB
DirectX Supported: DirectX 11
CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 245 Processor @ 2.9GHz
HDD: 500GB

Here's a PasteBin link to my DxDiag information: http://pastebin.com/vRMSGGYk

I think this is all you pretty much need to solve this issue! :p

Hopefully it can be solved so I can go back to using Windows 10 before the end of the year!

Thanks,
Gabriel Sloan

Solution
you can reactivate a windows installation with a simple six minute phone call to Microsoft, and when it asks you how many computers it is installed on you say one a presto it'll give you a confirmation code and you're all set

viometrix

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2009
you can reactivate a windows installation with a simple six minute phone call to Microsoft, and when it asks you how many computers it is installed on you say one a presto it'll give you a confirmation code and you're all set

Solution

rar_54

Honorable
Apr 21, 2012
I went out and checked the AMD web site and found there were not any drivers for your Radeon 3000 / Windows 10. You may want to visit the site yourself but it looks like your graphics may not be compatible with Win 10. Another option would be to run the Win 10 compatibility wizard before upgrading - it will tell you if there is an issue with hardware compatibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.