Drivers not working for new WiFi adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

an anonymous peach

Reputable
May 3, 2015
I got my new Wi-Fi adapter today (TL-WDN4200) and in order to access its 5Ghz connecting capabilities, you have to download the updated drivers off the TP-Link website. I did just that. However when I go to device manager, right click my WiFi adapter and update the drivers. This error message appears when I click on the driver file:

http://imgur.com/ZnLWeNP

I have windows 10 64 bit. Will that be the problem? since TP-Link has not released any official drivers for Windows 10 yet? Will I need to revert back to Windows 8.1 to access the 5Ghz connection?

Solution
If TP-Link hasn't released drivers and say they only have partial plug and play compatibility on Windows 10, then I would say you are out of luck using that device on Windows 10. Return that device if possible and find a vendor that has support for Windows 10 before buying.

kanewolf

Titan
If TP-Link hasn't released drivers and say they only have partial plug and play compatibility on Windows 10, then I would say you are out of luck using that device on Windows 10. Return that device if possible and find a vendor that has support for Windows 10 before buying.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS