Two monitor lower game fps???

Harry Pickel

Reputable
Apr 20, 2014
Hi I am thinking about upgrading too a two display setup for a game on one then like cpu temps and gpu temps on the other monitor.. My question is will having 2 monitors lower my game fps. My main monitor will be benq 144 hz gaming monitor and my 2nd monitor will be benq 60hz both in 1080p

My system specs

I5 4690k
Gtx 780 sc acx
16 gab of ram
Windows 10

Solution
If you are using one for gaming and one for other things and not gaming, it will have next to zero impact on your FPS. Don't pay attention to the person above you posted and SLI and their friend, they obviously didn't read your question where you specifically say one for cpu and gpu temps, and therefore NOT gaming on the second screen.

TLDR; you'll be fine, a few monitoring programs on a 2nd display will not impact FPS.

AaronNazzy1

Reputable
Sep 30, 2015
The more the monitors, the more your GPU has to deal with, therefore displaying more on two screens will cause less FPS, for optimum performance, get sli way 780's, my friend has that and it can support upto 6 monitors with NO LAG difference.

If you are using one for gaming and one for other things and not gaming, it will have next to zero impact on your FPS. Don't pay attention to the person above you posted and SLI and their friend, they obviously didn't read your question where you specifically say one for cpu and gpu temps, and therefore NOT gaming on the second screen.

TLDR; you'll be fine, a few monitoring programs on a 2nd display will not impact FPS.

Solution
I experimented once with a second weak graphics card dedicated to the second monitor.
The image on the side monitor was poor, so I abandoned the idea. I could detect no difference in gaming on the primary monitor with a side monitor attached.
You are good.