Blue screen random freezes, please help interpreting dump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adampvp

Reputable
Sep 23, 2015
Dump file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/100144144/100415-4750-01.dmp

Although normally random, the freeze (to which this dump file is related) happened whilst listening to music in firefox, using teamspeak 3 and playing guild wars 2, after 2 hours with no issues.

I have run memtest86 in multiple memory configs, only to receive under 10 errors in test 13 which I understand is OK.

The errors are systematic for my type of memory (all sticks show similar errors in test 13 regardless of memory slot).

My Specs:
Windows 10 pro
CPU: 6700k (not OC)
GPU: Fury Strix
RAM: 32GB (4x8) Crucial ballistix sport DDR4 2400mhz
Mobo: Maximus ranger viii
PSU: Corsair HX1000i
OS HD: Samsung 850 Evo
HD: 3tb WD green

All help is appreciated, let me know if more info is needed.

Solution
I believe test 13 on the newer Memtest versions is the hammer test, and most modules fail so I wouldn't be concerned.

The first thing I'd try is a clean GPU driver install as follows using the DDU:

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2767677/clean-graphics-driver-install-windows.html

And I know this is beginning to sound like a broken record across this forum, but if that doesn't work I'd do a clean install as the problem is likely related to an older application or driver file, or incompatible registry setting that will take hours or days on end to find and resolve otherwise. Doing a clean install, NOT a reset or refresh, or restoring a system image, seems to resolve a very high number of otherwise unresolvable issues. As follows...
I believe test 13 on the newer Memtest versions is the hammer test, and most modules fail so I wouldn't be concerned.

The first thing I'd try is a clean GPU driver install as follows using the DDU:

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2767677/clean-graphics-driver-install-windows.html

And I know this is beginning to sound like a broken record across this forum, but if that doesn't work I'd do a clean install as the problem is likely related to an older application or driver file, or incompatible registry setting that will take hours or days on end to find and resolve otherwise. Doing a clean install, NOT a reset or refresh, or restoring a system image, seems to resolve a very high number of otherwise unresolvable issues. As follows:

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2784691/ditch-problematic-win10-upgrade-replace-clean-install.html

It's also one of the stickies. There is a lot of other good information in the stickies as well.

Solution

Adampvp

Reputable
Sep 23, 2015

Thanks - ill probably do the clean install as i feel I have tried everything else

Be sure to ALSO do the clean GPU install using the DDU, as outlined above, AFTER also going and manually installing all the listed Windows 10 drivers on your motherboard's product page. The DDU will change a windows setting so that it no longer automatically tries to change device drivers, borking the system more often than not.

So:

1. Clean install Windows.

2. Manually locate and install the latest motherboard drivers from your motherboard manufacturers website.

3. Perform the clean GPU card driver installation as outlined at the link above.

4. Let me know how it goes.

overall, I would be looking for rootkits, I would remove most of the suspect drivers, including the overclock drivers,
I would also run a malwarebytes scan and try to figure out what this driver does: SvThLSNS.sys

also it looks like asus put out driver updates for windows 10:
https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/MAXIMUS-VIII-RANGER/HelpDesk_Download/
you should pick them up.
----------

something corrupted the stack of your virus scanner.
do you have a host service running taskkill.exe? Anyway, avast! Self Protection Driver stack was corrupted.
you also have a driver called:
SvThLSNS.sys Wed Dec 03 18:28:33 2014

any idea what this driver actually is for? I can not find it on google queries.

suspect drivers:
AiChargerPlus.sys Wed Apr 18 18:17:35 2012
AsIO.sys Wed Aug 22 02:54:47 2012
AsUpIO.sys Mon Aug 02 19:47:59 2010
ASUSFILTER.sys Tue Sep 20 08:46:33 2011
IOMap64.sys Wed Oct 22 17:52:12 2014 (remove GPU tweaker)
iocbios2.sys Thu May 28 13:42:10 2015 (intel overclock util)
lvrs64.sys Mon Oct 22 19:11:24 2012
lvuvc64.sys Mon Oct 22 19:12:08 2012

machine info:
BIOS Version 0905
BIOS Release Date 09/22/2015
Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
Product MAXIMUS VIII RANGER
Version Rev 1.xx

Processor Version Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz
Processor Voltage 8dh - 1.3V
External Clock 100MHz
Max Speed 4000MHz
Current Speed 4000MHz

memory: (4 banks)
Size 8192MB
Speed 2400MHz
Manufacturer CRUCIAL
Serial Number
Asset Tag Number
Part Number BLS8G4D240FSA.16FAD

Adampvp

Reputable
Sep 23, 2015

Thanks for the info - I've already fresh installed windows, but I will look out for the the suspect driver as I reinstall programs.

Adampvp

Reputable
Sep 23, 2015

Ok, SvThLSNS has reappeared after installing realtek audio drivers from the asus website.

It appears to be associated with 'SVLoadSense' (and is located in: C:\Program Files (x86)\SAVITECH\SVLoadSense). A quick google suggests it is bundled with the audio drivers by asus, but it is unclear what it actually does.

Should I uninstall this/ remove the driver?

Is it repeating the behavior from before? If it's part of the Realtek Windows 10 driver package, I wouldn't remove it, at least for now.

Contrary to what some might say, and they might be right in some situations, but for the most part, I think the majority of issues in Windows 10 are simply due to the fact that the compatibility checking is terribly incomplete and inaccurate, and that the upgrade process itself is broken, leaving much to be desired in the end result. In almost every case where a specific issue is happening that's related to applications or drivers, a clean install clears the issue and upon attempting to reinstall whatever was causing it to happen in the first place, windows 10 won't allow it.

In the upgrade however it couldn't do much about it being there, since it already was. In some cases it does do something about it during the upgrade process, chiefly, begin blue screening or creating other errors. Windows 10 was without a doubt released in a "push it out now even though it's broken and we'll fix the problems as we go" approach.

Adampvp

Reputable
Sep 23, 2015

Hey, the computer was rock solid after the fresh install. I took a few precautions, as hinted by johnbl, such as using a different antivirus and staying away from Asus' utilities. However.... After a day and a half of stability and gaming etc, i tried my luck with overclocking for which I downloaded Aisuite. After this, I got a few crashes which I attributed to a bad overclock. So I uninstalled Aisuite and ran stock settings, but the crashes stayed, this time with no BSOD (and no dumps or event viewer items), simply a frozen screen with audio loop.

Having already spent a month on the issue, I decided to do another reinstall and am now running OK. Ill look out carefully for things I install so I can hopefully find out what triggers the crashes. Ultimately i'm just glad its not a hardware problem as my pc is pretty new and it would be hard to diagnose.

Oh and thanks for your help!

hangs that don't produce a memory dump are often caused by graphics drivers, in your case the audio portion of the graphics driver might be conflicting with the audio support for the motherboard.

Many motherboards put out a update to the audio driver right after windows 10 shipped, make sure you pick up the motherboard windows 10 drivers. Also, if the motherboard required a custom driver because of the version of the chips on the motherboard, you have to pick up any chip drivers that were updated on the motherboard vendors website.

avoid the overclocking software, even if you remove it often it leaves drivers behind. I have seen versions that reinstall drivers via the task scheduler. (recurring task once a week on Wednesday)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS