Corsair Link doesn't work with multiple items.

SBargisen

Reputable
Jul 15, 2015
Hello guys, I have the Corsair RM1000i, and the Corsair H110i GT.
Individually they work in corsair link, but I just mounted both with the USB-cable, and when I open Corsair Link, I can't change anything with the H110i GT, and the power-usage thing for the RM1000i is stuck, it does not work.

Any ideas?

Solution
You can try and see if you get the same outcome using your H80i using the same cable I suggested, mini Type B to Type A. I'm just curious if Clink will see both hardware when plugged into two separate USB controller.

If you really think that it is the USB port on the PSU that causing Link not to detect your PSU, they that's eligible for RMA claim.
Make sure you have the latest bios version (According to the manufacturer product page, not according to any automatic utilities provided by the manufacturer. The bios and driver checking utilities are wrong more often than not when it comes to being on the most current versions) for your motherboard and that all the most recent chipset and other drivers for your board as outlined on it's product page are installed. If this is an Intel platform, be sure the provided chipset and .inf package on the drivers page of the manufacturer, not Intel, are installed.

If you press "delete" repeatedly immediately after you power up, until you see that it has entered the bios, the bios version should be listed in the main screen. You may need to enter the advanced mode, so after you are in the bios press F7 and it will exit the EZ mode into the advanced screen. The bios version should be listed at the top of the EZ mode screen though.

SBargisen

Reputable
Jul 15, 2015
Alright I'll get it checked. Just removed my H110i GT due to noisy pump and RMA, and I swapped around on the H80i GT on my GPU, so I could mount the USB cable on that one. It showed up, but the fans for it shows as going 0 RPM, but I can see them move. Also the power thingy didn't come on from the corsair PSU.

I'll check the Bios thing now.

don't think that's right, as the listed BIOS versions available for the Ranger VII are versions 0601, 0707, 0809, 0904, 1003, 1104, 2012, 2601, 2702 and the most recent is 2801 released on 7-31-2015. If you know you have not updated the bios on that date or more recently, I would highly suggest that you do so. The bios file is here:

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1150/MAXIMUS-VII-RANGER/MAXIMUS-VII-RANGER-ASUS-2801.zip

Extract the contents of that file to a USB drive, insert it in the bios flashback USB port on the back of the motherboard and push the bios flashback button.

Instructions are here:

http://rog.asus.com/technology/republic-of-gamers-motherboard-innovations/usb-bios-flashback/

CorsairJoseph

Reputable
Nov 7, 2014
I'll definitely follow what darkbreeze suggested, make sure that you have the latest BIOS version for your board.

Also, do you have both the cooler and PSU connected via USB header on your board? Just in case it still doesn't work even after flashing your BIOS, try connecting the cooler using a mini type B to type A USB cable and connect it to one of the rear USB port on your MB and see if it makes a difference. This cable. http://content.etilize.com/large/10015544.jpg

CorsairJoseph

Reputable
Nov 7, 2014
That's possible, but the fact that each hardware works on its own somehow tells me that it has something to do with USB header on your board has some kind of disconnect with Corsair Link when both the cooler and PSU are connected.

Have you tried the USB cable I suggested? oh btw, what about your USB driver? Is it updated to the latest version?

SBargisen

Reputable
Jul 15, 2015

No, didn't fix anything. I also notice that the H80i GT shows 0RPM at fans? Not that it is important, since I can still adjust the speed. Just curious. :)

The H110i GT is to RMA, so I can't check if it works with H80i. Which essentially would put me back to the pin being ruined or something in the RM1000i, which was a bit loose when I first got it. It's no big deal honestly, but it's nice to see how much power I use at full throttle. Lol.

CorsairJoseph

Reputable
Nov 7, 2014
You can try and see if you get the same outcome using your H80i using the same cable I suggested, mini Type B to Type A. I'm just curious if Clink will see both hardware when plugged into two separate USB controller.

If you really think that it is the USB port on the PSU that causing Link not to detect your PSU, they that's eligible for RMA claim.

Solution

SBargisen

Reputable
Jul 15, 2015
Yeah, but it's not that important to me. I don't have a converter to normal usb, I suppose that is what you want me to try. When I get the H110i GT back I'll try and take out the PSU and look if it is broken in the psu.

I'll just give you a solution for now.

SBargisen

Reputable
Jul 15, 2015

I suppose you work with Corsair. And this is regarding the RMA of the H110i GT
- I just got a mail saying it is shipped. Does this mean it has been RMA'ed or I get my "old" unit back? No info has been given here, only that it has been shipped.