NO BIOS Splash screen after Windows 10

Sam_missles

Reputable
Nov 16, 2014
I updated to windows 10 and now when I boot my computer it goes straight to windows loading screen. No mobo logo or anything need to get to BIOS to change case fan speeds.
FOXCONN 2AB1

Sam_missles

Reputable
Nov 16, 2014

When I spam del I get a weird clicking noise inside of case but no BIOS
No option for fast boot
My monitor doesn't even turn on before windows starts loading

I'm surprised that windows 10 allowed you to install it at all. Your motherboard is running what's called a "legacy bios" and while Microsoft claims support, they didn't put nearly as much effort as they should have into it. Windows 10 roots itself into your motherboard firmware so it's possible that it messed with something.

What I would do is take out the hard drive that has windows 10 installed and reset the bios. Leave the drive out and see if the system will boot.

Sam_missles

Reputable
Nov 16, 2014

Would updating BIOS fix this? And how do I reset the BIOS?

Sam_missles

Reputable
Nov 16, 2014

When I unhook the hardrive, my screen never turns on and it says HDMI no signal when I manually do it

Yeah, you definitely have an older motherboard if the PC won't boot without the Hard Drive. I guess you're going to need to have your hard drive hooked up.

You can reset the bios by removing the battery from the motherboard. It's small, round and silver. It should have the usual battery plus symbol on the top of it.

You can also try pressing the function and delete keys as soon as the PC starts to see if you cannot get into the bios that way.

Sam_missles

Reputable
Nov 16, 2014

When I press the key to get into BIOS my case emits a clicking sound, more than likely my HDD. I will try removing my battery tomorrow, stay tuned

Sam_missles

Reputable
Nov 16, 2014

Tried taking out the mobo battery. No avail. All I got was a beep on boot, my monitor didn't turn on or anything to show splash screen. All I want is to increase case fan speeds (which were altered by windows 10, no doubt) to lower GPU temps. They used to be around 27c idle and now they are at 34c. I was able to get it back down by installing new fan but after shut down and reboot they were back to 34c.

Remixex

Reputable
Mar 18, 2014
I'm lost, it's impossible to have no BIOS, how is it possible that the PC has to go through it to power on but it doesn't let you access it? i had the idea BIOS worked as an individual entity from the OS...
How are you going to wipe the HDD when needed? is that HDD forever doomed to have no BIOS option on that motherboard?

Sam_missles

Reputable
Nov 16, 2014

I have no clue. Did windows somehow hijack my mobo and steal its lunch money? I can't even. All I want is to change case fan speed, which no doubt was changed by windows.

Sam_missles

Reputable
Nov 16, 2014
So, I think I figured it out. Right before or after, can't really remember, I installed a new GPU, the GTX 750ti for BF4. I think what has happened is that I haven't disabled the onboard graphics, which windows tries to boot first instead of my new GPU. So, I need to go into Device Manager and disable onboard graphics to get Windows to boot my GPU in the PCI slot. Does this sound viable?

It's definitely possible.

Sam_missles

Reputable
Nov 16, 2014

OK, this time I really figured it out. On boot, I have to switch my monitor input to DVI to view my BIOS. Something with the HDMI cable, since I have both plugged up. Thanks for all the help everyone, you put me on the road to success. Now I just have to figure out how to change fan speed.....