Blurry text in some apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwrwgamer

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2014
Hi all,

I got a new laptop last weekend and I've noticed an issue with it. I believe it is a software problem.

The screen is a 1080p screen and everything looks great however in some apps, the text becomes blurry. The blurry text only appears in nested sections of an app(not sure if nested is correct). What I mean is, it will show up in installers or event viewer but not firefox or explorer etc.

I've attached some images below. Hopefully someone can figure whats going on here.

Thanks

j09so4.png

2ywh35s.png

Solution
this looks like windows scaling artifacts. likely your computer is set to 125% instead of 100%. because a lot of windows applications are not HiDPI aware, windows renders them at the lower resolution and then upscale them for the final image composite, thus looking blurry. you can adjust this setting at Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Display

by setting it to 100% if it is anything higher, everything will become smaller on the screen, however you will have more display real estate to work with. depending on the size of the screen to its resolution, this can be beneficial, or a hindrance.

pasow

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2012
this looks like windows scaling artifacts. likely your computer is set to 125% instead of 100%. because a lot of windows applications are not HiDPI aware, windows renders them at the lower resolution and then upscale them for the final image composite, thus looking blurry. you can adjust this setting at Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Display

by setting it to 100% if it is anything higher, everything will become smaller on the screen, however you will have more display real estate to work with. depending on the size of the screen to its resolution, this can be beneficial, or a hindrance.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.