My computer wont open some applications after waking from sleep mode

Orbit088

Honorable
Jun 22, 2013
Hey everybody,

I've been having an issue lately where, sometimes when I wake my computer from sleep mode, my computer is unable or refuses to open some programs. For instance, internet explorer and the settings application work fine. But Chrome, steam, the task manager, and the file explorer wont open. I'll click their icons and nothing will happen. If I try to shut down the computer through the start menu, nothing happens, forcing me to do a hard shutdown. This was happening on windows 8.1 as well as windows 10. I've never had this problem before and I have no idea what's causing it.
My antivirus is on and it's not finding any issues. Any help would be apriciated

My specs are as follows:
Windows 10 Home
intel core i7-4710HQ 2.50GHz
64-bit
Nvidia G-Force GTX 860m 2GB
12GB Ram

Thanks!

This was happening on windows 8.1 as well as windows 10. I've never had this problem before

These two statements are completely contradictory. If it was happening on 8.1, you DID have the problem before.

Now that's cleared up, have you manually gone to the product page for your laptop and installed all the listed Windows 10 drivers including the .inf, chipset and intel management engine interface drivers? If not, I'd start there. What is your laptop full model number?