Windows 10 & Eldewrito/ Halo Online Help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OBEYmarty

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012
Help Please! I had Eldewrito running 100% fine on my Windows 8.1. I got my free copy of windows 10 and now my frames won't go over 40. Vsync ON and OFF does nothing in game and in the Nvidia control panel. Doesn't matter what res I set it to. Only get up to 40 fps. I believe the problem is windows 10, but many others including two of my friends have no problems.

Troubleshooting steps I have already tried:

Updated ALL drivers

Reinstalling Eldewrito

Disabling SLI/ Enabling SLI

Running it in compatibility mode with both WIN 7 & 8.1

Running PC at all stock settings

No other background tasks are hogging power

Looking online for hours for solutions

I really do not want to revert back to Windows 8.1, but I will if I have to. Any help would be appreciated!

PC specs:
i7 3770k 4.3
x2 GTX 770
8GB of RAM

OBEYmarty

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012

I reinstalled the driver manually, I did not use the Geforce experience.

When you say you "tried the driver uninstaller and it didn't work", do you mean it wouldn't run, or that you went through the process of running the DDU and then reinstalling the latest drivers from the Nvidia website, and the problem still remains?

If that's the case, I'd run the uninstaller again, and of course choose "yes" when it asks to boot into safe mode, and then try installing the Nvidia 355.60 drivers located here:

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/geforce-355-60-whql-driver-download.html

OBEYmarty

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012

I just used the DDU driver uninstaller in safe mode. I cleaned both the Nvidia and Intel drivers. I installed the newest Nvidia driver from the website without using the Geforce Experience. That did not fix the problem. I went through all my steps again but used the Nvidia 355.60 driver from the link. That did not solve the problem either. Still getting unacceptable 40 fps.

Then this is probably a problem with that particular game not yet being fully optimized for the newer drivers or OS. Try another game or two and see if you have the same issue.

Also, there are currently no windows 10 drivers listed on the ASUS website for your motherboard model, so this is definitely a contributing factor. On motherboard models that do not currently list model specific drivers on the manufacturer product page we are seeing a higher level of issues than with other models that do have Windows 10 model specific driver support. The native "generic" drivers being provided by Microsoft through Windows update automatically are not, in all cases, being fully compatible with those chipsets and waiting for the OEM to release specific drivers may be the only way this can be resolved. Going back to your older OS may be your only option at this point unless you're willing to ride it out until drivers are released.

OBEYmarty

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012

Thank you very much for your time and help.

Status
Not open for further replies.