Unable to connect to Xbox One in Xbox App on W10 after upgrading to dual band router

Status
Not open for further replies.

balickma

Reputable
Oct 5, 2015
I don't know if this is the place to ask this but I'm not getting any answers on the Xbox forums.

Allright so I used to have just a single band router and I connected both my Xbox One and PC directly into it. I usually did not have any problems streaming or detecting the Xbox within the Xbox App. However, I just connected a newer, dual band (2.4 and 5 GHz) router and have the same setup, which is everything connected with ethernet cable. Since then, I have not been able to connect to my Xbox with either the W10 Xbox app or smartglass app.

I read that it might be a problem if both frequencies use the same SSID, so I changed them to have different names; however, this did not fix anything. On my Xbox, I tried connecting to both 2.4 and 5 GHz wireless settings and then rechecking; however, that did nothing. I have tried to enter the shown IP address each time, and that did not do anything. I only have ethernet available on my PC, as it is a custom tower with no networking card. I don't know what to check next. I have restarted my PC, Xbox and router all separately and none fixed it. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.