Best monitor gaming/ overall under 160€

Petar Raickovic

Reputable
Jun 13, 2015
Is this the best gaming/overall 1080p under 160€ or $ monitor? Or there's better ones? Here is the linkhttp://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-238G4DHSD-inch-G-Line-Display/dp/B00ASI7BM4

Solution

23" with 1080p is totally fine. 14ms is A LOT compared to other monitors. No idea if you really notice that, because i never used one with that much response time but normal "gaming" monitors should be between 1-5ms. 1-5 can be the same since every manufacturer tests differently but 14 seems really like a lot.

60Hz is pretty standard. I'm pretty sure you can get a 120/144Hz screen for that money, which would be very nice for gaming usage.

Only good thing about this screen is the IPS panel, which means better colors.

migronesien

Honorable
Despite the monitor being out of stock, no never heard about anyone using Philips monitors for professional gaming.
Search for either Asus or BenQ if you want a gaming monitor. Can't really recommend a specific one to you but it's one of these two brands.

migronesien

Honorable

23" with 1080p is totally fine. 14ms is A LOT compared to other monitors. No idea if you really notice that, because i never used one with that much response time but normal "gaming" monitors should be between 1-5ms. 1-5 can be the same since every manufacturer tests differently but 14 seems really like a lot.

60Hz is pretty standard. I'm pretty sure you can get a 120/144Hz screen for that money, which would be very nice for gaming usage.

Only good thing about this screen is the IPS panel, which means better colors.

Solution

Petar Raickovic

Reputable
Jun 13, 2015

yes i have done some search and i found that 1 to 5 ms is best for gaming.. Yes ips is better then TN or tft led.. I will just wait for gaming monitors 120-144hz low on prices and get the one :) thanks for replay