System thread exception not handled windows 10, after upgrade from 8.1 on every boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horadrimus

Reputable
Oct 7, 2015
Hello,
Need help here,

Today i've upgraded win 8.1 on my laptop Acer 5738DG to win10
Whole installation passed w/o issues and upon finalization laptop shutdown itself and each boot after ends with BSOD "system thread exception not handled".
Even when i'm trying to start safe mode or clean install from boot-usb,
it wont load but always end up with BSOD.
Is there any way to fix that ??

Best regards

Solution
without being able to look at the exception code and parameter 1
All I could recommend would be to reset your BIOS to defaults and attempt to boot into safe mode.
if parameter 1 is a errorcode 0xc0000005 then you would want to run memtest86 and confirm you memory is ok.

if you can boot off another boot image USB or cd, then copy the dump file from c:\windows\minidump directory and put it on a server and post a link. It could be looked at with a windows debugger to see why the system was shutdown.

2009 era machine, you would want to update the BIOS if you can and run hardware tests.
cpu 2 core intel t6600 released jan 2009

gaining access to the minidump will allow you to find out what subsystem windows is complaining about...
Sounds like you didn't plan ahead and made sure all the drivers are properly installed and no third party applications are set to run. Most likely you have a bad driver or anti-virus program that wan't meant to run on Windows 10. Use safe mode to uninstall any anti-virus software and make sure that all your drivers are updated to windows 10 compatible ones. After the machine is working again you can download the newest version of your AV software.

Horadrimus

Reputable
Oct 7, 2015
Thanks for Your answer,

my issue is that system fails to load in any of safe modes from boot-usb win iso,
each time i select run in safe mode, just after win logo with circle shows up BSOD pop's .
I suppose only way for me will be to eject hdd from laptop and connect it to my 2nd PC. Get some data backup if possible an then format it clean

If safe mode doesn't work then yes, only option is to back up the drive and reinstall.

without being able to look at the exception code and parameter 1
All I could recommend would be to reset your BIOS to defaults and attempt to boot into safe mode.
if parameter 1 is a errorcode 0xc0000005 then you would want to run memtest86 and confirm you memory is ok.

if you can boot off another boot image USB or cd, then copy the dump file from c:\windows\minidump directory and put it on a server and post a link. It could be looked at with a windows debugger to see why the system was shutdown.

2009 era machine, you would want to update the BIOS if you can and run hardware tests.
cpu 2 core intel t6600 released jan 2009

gaining access to the minidump will allow you to find out what subsystem windows is complaining about.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.