Black screen (absolutely no graphics output) after energy safeing mode

DannyHn

Reputable
Oct 7, 2015
Hello,

when i tried to wake up my PC after it beeing in energy safe mode I just got a black screen. I already had this problem once. The solution back then was, that i deattached the graphics card and connected the monitor to the motherboard. But even then Windows 10 just gave me a black screen. But it was possible to get into the BIOS (which i couldnt via the graphics card). So I reinstalled Windows 10 and it worked fine till today.

Today I had the same problem - black screen after energy safeing mode. So again - deattache the graphics card and connect directly to the motherboard. The difference is, that now I dont even get into the BIOS. I just get absolutly no output from the graphics card or the motherboard graphics. I already deconnected the power cord completly, cahnged the RAM slots, again tried it with the graphics card, directly connected to motherboard - nothing works. Just a black screen. The system itself seems to work, fans a running as expected - even the fans of the graphics card turn down after a reboot (like it always was).

The motherboard is in the sate A0 (IDE initialization is started) or in state A2 (IDE Detect).

System configuration:

1x CPU/Core i7-4790 3.60GHz 8M LGA1150 BOX
1x Asus Z97-PRO(WI-FI AC) Z97 RG SA
1x 250GB SSD 840 EVO Basic 2,5 Zoll
1x Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760 OC R2, Windforce 3X, 4096 MB GDDR5
1x Noctua NH-U14S
1x LG BH16NS40 DVD
1x Be Quiet! L8-630W Pure Power Modular 80+ Bronze
1x RAM D3 8GB 1600-788 RipjawsX K2 GSK

On the main HD I am running Windows 10. On the other one Linux Mint. Doesnt matter which hard drive is connected - no graphics output.

Anyone has a idea what could be the problem?

Thanks.

DannyHn

Reputable
Oct 7, 2015
There is obviously a problem with the Display Port output (on both, motherboard and graphics card). If I connect the monitor via DVI (PC) to HDMI (Monitor) it works.