24 Inch LCD Monitor or 32 Inch LCD HD Tv ??

AlIs786

Reputable
Jan 12, 2015
So guys im a bit sick and tired of waiting because my rig will be ready in feb/2016 I.A.. So im trying to gather the most information that i can.. Getting to the point.. I have a hp 24 inch hd lcd monitor and im planning to hook my new rig with it..The problem is that i had bought a ps4 last year(which i sold this year) and it looked ridiculous on this monitor.. But it looked amazing on 32 inch hd tv (which im planning to buy for 200$)..So is it that consoles are not made for monitors or should i get 32 inch hd tv for my pc... Give your suggestions and the pros and cons about these two displays.

Solution

Yah the cs550m should work, best out of the three.

Here is a review of it...

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
Im assuming your HP was a 4:3 monitor the kind of square shaped ones, not a rectangle like your 16:9 tv? If you get a 16:9 1080p 60hz monitor I can almost guarantee it will feel better than your TV, due to the generally very high input lag on HDTVs and generally very low input lag on monitors.

AlIs786

Reputable
Jan 12, 2015

Its a widescreen hp lp2475w

Other than that i have no info about it.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador

That is a very nice monitor, for a gaming PC. The monitor runs at a native resolution of 1920 x 1200 which a ps4 does not support, so the ps4 will downscale that resolution to 1920x1080 which makes the monitor look like crap. You would need a monitor with a native resolution of 1920x1080 for it to look right on a ps4.

AlIs786

Reputable
Jan 12, 2015
yes I bought this for ultra gaming.

my specs are

i7 4790k
Asus H81m k
Corsair Vengeance 16gb 1600Mhz
Seagate Barracuda 2tb
Evga Gtx 980 tI AC 2.0 SC 6gb
550 to 600w Power Supply

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador

Oh yah that system is actually a tad overkill for that monitor is should pretty much max out pretty much every game at 60fps.

What do you mean 550 to 600watt power supply? What is the power supply make and model? I have never seen a power supply with two rated wattage's it has to be one or the other. If its cheap power supply I would highly recommend you spend the money to get something better, that is a very nice PC and you dont want dirty power being delivered to your nearly 700 dollar gpu that could lower its lifespan or outright kill it along with the other parts in your computer. And cause general instability.

AlIs786

Reputable
Jan 12, 2015
Thanks for the suggestion :).

I meant that either I will go with a 550 watt psu or a 600 watts not more not less..About the make and model.. im very confused..I can't really decide..There have been many change of plans.Once I decided to get a xigmatek centauro 600w..But im more inclined towards Corsair... The vs and cx series are very bad according to this forum and many other reviews on different sites..The cs series is a bit out of budget...Thermaltake psus are cheap and also very confusing..I just can't decide which one to get..The xfx and seasonic etc are not available in my area and I can't order online.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador

The CX and VS aren't "very bad" its just not what I would recommend for a high end gaming PC like yours, they dont have the best voltage regulation- ripple suppression and use cheap Chinese capacitors that are known to fail prematurely especially if your are from an area with frequent power outages or brown outs. What country do you live in or where would you like to buy your power supply? I can probably come up with some suggestions.

AlIs786

Reputable
Jan 12, 2015
Problems like power outages and brown outs are sometimes frequent here(other reasons involved like storm etc).Brands which are available here are

Corsair Rm series
Corsair Cx series
Corsair Vs Series
Corsair Tx series
Corsair Cs series
Corsair Ax (few)
Thermaltake Smart sps series
Thermaltake tr2 series
Xigmatek Centauro series
Xigmatek Tauro series
Danny series (will never buy those)
Coolermaster b series

Some other brands like antec, zalman and enermax are also available..But these are sold in used condition..And I've also read somewhere that buying a used psu is not a good idea.

satsol

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012
Can you get EVGA power supplies? They're solid and just as good as Corsair... personally, I'm not a fan of Corsair power supplies. All their other products, yeah, but not their power supplies... especially anything outside of their top tier ones.

I also have to add to the conversation about the initial topic. If you're building a machine for ultimate gaming DO NOT hook it up to a television unless you don't plan on playing any kind of multiplayer games. The input lag is horrible and you will be at a big disadvantage in multiplayer.

AlIs786

Reputable
Jan 12, 2015
There is a online store that can get me any brand and model I want but anything on that site (which actually is like a 100$) costs like 300$ to 400$ on that online store.. So im stuck with the brands I stated above.

AlIs786

Reputable
Jan 12, 2015
@satsol evga supernova is available here .. But the only factor prevents me is the cost..

I was planning for a tv because it has variety of options like sharpness color etc..In monitors these options are not much detailed.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
Well for corsair I would only buy the RM (some of them), TX (good), HX (very good), and AX (excellent). TX is a good choice and aren't usually that expensive if you can get one of those for a reasonable price that would be my recommendation.

If you do get a lot of power outages then in my opinion it is imperative you get a good power supply.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador

Yes if it has a built in line conditioner (most do) however where I live at least a decent UPS is VERY expensive much much more than a decent power supply. Even if you have a UPS I would still recommend a decent psu, the RM is a good middle of the road psu and you could probably make due with a CX or VS if you dont have the extra cash.

AlIs786

Reputable
Jan 12, 2015

I was thinking of the corsair cs550m..Its 80 plus gold and lies in my budget.Is this a good option instead of thermaltake smart se 530 and xigmatek tauro 500w?

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador

Yah the cs550m should work, best out of the three.

Here is a review of it if your interested: http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=366

Solution