Audio from two sources simultaneously?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archgaull

Admirable
Is it possible, in Windows 10, to have two sources play audio in two different outputs simultaneously?

For example, I have my TV speakers, and my normal computer speakers. Could I set it so that Skyrim will output from my computer speakers, and Chrome will output from my TV speakers at the same time?

Note that I don't have a dedicated sound card, I'm just using the default onboard audio for an ASRock Z97 Pro-3.

Solution

So in other words, no, your software does not allow it. You can try fudging the skyrim ini files (or chrome startup files) to see if you can select the device there, but if you can't, your only option will be to do...

Archgaull

Admirable
I know that I have the ability to do this, as it's rather simple to set up. However, for it to work properly, I have to set it up every time. Because Skyrim "locks in" the audio device on startup, all I have to do is start Skyrim with my default playback as my speakers, alt-tab out, select my TV speakers as the playback and it works fine, with chrome outputting through my TV, and Skyrim through my computer speakers.

What I'm looking for is a permanent solution, so I don't have to do that every time I start the game.

So in other words, no, your software does not allow it. You can try fudging the skyrim ini files (or chrome startup files) to see if you can select the device there, but if you can't, your only option will be to do exactly what you are doing now.

Note that you can do all that though a batch/powershell script, so you can have it switch things "automatically" when you click the (new) skyrim shortcut. It will just be a "hack" though, certianly not the way you should do things.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS