Win 10 and SecuROM HUGE ISSUE!!!

Entrisen

Reputable
Jun 10, 2015
So I have my new system up and running beautifully, and finally I am able to install my favorite game (Sims 2 Ultimate Collection) And I go to play the game, and BAM I get an error message saying security module cannot be activated. I looked farther into this and it turns out michrosoft doesn't support games with SecuROM in win 10. So what the hell. Am I just simply not going to be able to play this game at all? Which really sucks because this is the only system I have and the only way I would ever be able to play it.
Is there ANY work around??? Youtube has people playing sims 2 on windows 10, but they give no explanation.
I have the Asus maximus VIII hero board and the i5-6600k. Please Help :(

Solution
I installed Blood Stone 007 on Windows 10 with a retail disc. I thought the game uses SecuROM which probably does because the game requires me to run the physical disc in my Blu-ray drive to launch the game. Strangely enough, though, I was able to launch the game on Windows 10. I could also try installing GTA IV from a retail disc to see what happens. If it still runs with the media disc, then this negates the statement that SecuROM is not compatible on Windows 10. If it does not work, though, then I'll just install it to Windows 8.1.

Entrisen

Reputable
Jun 10, 2015

hmm... well what about if I just have a dual boot for my pc? I get windows 7 for sims 2 or any older games and keep my windows 10 as my main? would you recommend that?

Microsoft did warn publishers about it, and went as far as to "recommend" no-cd hacks. Basically securom is garbage and a liability, so if you must have it, it's best to do so on a VM or dual boot used only for that game.

Or as testilaro said, just force the developer to upgrade you to a no cd version.

I installed Blood Stone 007 on Windows 10 with a retail disc. I thought the game uses SecuROM which probably does because the game requires me to run the physical disc in my Blu-ray drive to launch the game. Strangely enough, though, I was able to launch the game on Windows 10. I could also try installing GTA IV from a retail disc to see what happens. If it still runs with the media disc, then this negates the statement that SecuROM is not compatible on Windows 10. If it does not work, though, then I'll just install it to Windows 8.1.

Solution