New mini PC will not wake up after longer sleeps.

Gorger

Reputable
Oct 7, 2015
I've bought a completely new ASUS VivoPC that comes with these specifications:
https://www.asus.com/Mini-PCs/VivoPC_VM62N/specifications/

My problem with this computer is that it will not always wake up from sleep mode, especially during longer sleeps over the night. Normally I press a button and it turns on immediately, but sometimes my keyboard and mouse refuse to respond and my computer sleep indefinitely until I press the power button behind the PC. I know that the computer is still sleeping because the strip of light in front of the computer starts blinking every time I put it to sleep, and there is no change in its behavior when it won't startup normally. After booting it up it puts me right where I was before putting it to sleep like nothing happened.

I have updated windows 10, BIOS and all my drivers except for the newest GeForce drivers because version 355 and 358 gives me a BSOD (Driver Power State Failure) that loops on startup indefinitely. The only way to fix it is to revert back to 353 through safe mode or use system restore point. I have already written an extensive post about it here for more details: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-2821509/bsod-driver-power-state-failure-installing-latest-nvidia-drivers.html

I have also tried formatting my PC several times, but the problem still persists even on a brand new install. The PC is only two weeks old so I should still have my warranty in check. Despite the two problems I really like the PC. I have other VivoPC's that works perfectly, but they do not have both intel and NVIDIA graphic drivers. So I have been suspecting that these cards conflict somehow.

I ask for help as a last resort before I turn in the PC. I really want to find a solution after so many attempts to fix it. I've been tinkering with my power settings and read countless of different solutions without results. Could it be faulty drivers? In that case I will have no option but to return it.

Thanks for taking the time reading this I really appreciate it.

Solution
Hi,

Please do try changing the Power Option of your laptop.
- Right click on the battery icon and select Power Options.
- Click on Change plan settings on the power plan that is selected.
- Click on Change advanced power settings
- Expand Hard disk and set Turn off hard disk after to Never
- Now expand Sleep and set Allow Hybrid sleep to Off and Hibernate after to Never.
- Click Apply and OK.
- Do test the laptop once again and see if the same problem persist.
Hi,

Please do try changing the Power Option of your laptop.
- Right click on the battery icon and select Power Options.
- Click on Change plan settings on the power plan that is selected.
- Click on Change advanced power settings
- Expand Hard disk and set Turn off hard disk after to Never
- Now expand Sleep and set Allow Hybrid sleep to Off and Hibernate after to Never.
- Click Apply and OK.
- Do test the laptop once again and see if the same problem persist.

Solution