3 Monitors - R9 280X - Crossfire x2

Hutber

Reputable
Oct 9, 2015
I have previously been using a USB 3.0 to support my 3rd monitor, but my Dell monitor only supports 1080 on HDMI annoyingly.

I have tried every combination I can think of on my 2 separate graphic cards to get the 3 monitors working together.

My monitors are 30" 2560x1600 and 2 27" with a resolution of 2560x1440.

So I have the 30 on a DVI > HDMI converter the other 2 are just on DVI > DVI, so no conversation.

How can you get monitors working over the 2 separate graphic cards? I thought it would just be plug and play?

Image that didn't seem to display
dZPHV.jpg

Image 2 that also didn't display
9ve4d.jpg

Hutber

Reputable
Oct 9, 2015
I have turned off cross fire and still its not working. I'll keep playing, as long as I know it can work... Rather than me trying everything and losing hope :(

Hutber

Reputable
Oct 9, 2015

Argh pants, Ok so After turning off Crossfire and resetting the PC, booting into safe mode then back out indeed, 3 monitors work with it turned off whilst separated over the 2 different cards.

So I can't do this with crossfire on or from the same card.

bigtrucker26

Reputable
Dec 1, 2015

Without crossfire, you can plug two screens per card. With crossfire, you can connect 2 screens.
To display more (per box, and amd claims ) , apparently you must use mini displayport active adapter(s), or chained through monitors.
I am waiting for adapters to be shipped. So I can have games across 3 screens, and have a status screen. I have 4 screens, same model, purchased together. and eyefinity only works per card.
Not a answer I like, but seems to be the case.

TRENDING THREADS