ips ogs or super amoled??? which is the best display type for smartphones???

Rahid Rahaman

Reputable
Oct 8, 2014
I want to buy a new smartphone. I have already selected two phones. They both have all the same features almost...the only difference is the display type. One has IPS OGS & one has Super Amoled display & I am stuck between this.

So, which display type I can choose??? PLZ HELP...

Solution
Based on the screen alone, I would say go for the Walton Primo S4. At the same 720p resolution, the IPS screen will show less pixelation and display sharper images and text due to the higher sub-pixel density. The AMOLED screen at 720p may also exhibit artifacts around the edges of objects when placed on solid color backgrounds.

Since you already have two nice screen examples, you could do a side-by-side comparison if you're buying either of these phones in a retail store to check for color accuracy, etc.

- Matt Humrick, Mobile Editor, Tom's Hardware

modernwar99

Reputable
Jul 9, 2014
Super AMOLED is better. Can turn individual pixels off so you have a true black color. Turning pixels off can allow for better battery life if the images on the screen are consistently black. They also have better contrast and larger range of brightness.

MobileEditor

Reputable
Nov 13, 2014
Well, that depends.

1) Power efficiency: SAMOLED holds the advantage when displaying black or lower APL content.
2) Brightness: IPS still holds the advantage in max brightness.
3) Resolution: SAMOLED screens have a lower sub-pixel density than IPS, which makes IPS better at the same resolution. QHD SAMOLED screens are roughly equivalent to 1080p IPS screens, however.
4) Color accuracy: Neither is better than another if calibrated properly. SAMOLED is generally capable of displaying a wider color gamut than the sRGB standard. If the OEM does not provide a proper sRGB display mode, than the SAMOLED screen produces overly saturated, neon-looking colors. Some people like this, some people don't.

Hope this helps.

Rahid Rahaman

Reputable
Oct 8, 2014

Thanx very much 4r the help modernwar99...nw r u sure...so I will go with amoled...wt u say?

Rahid Rahaman

Reputable
Oct 8, 2014

thanks Mobile Editor...very informative... so now what's your personal opinion...with which 1 you shall go...If you were me???
Plz giv me your final verdict...WAITING...Thanks again

Rahid Rahaman.
Tom's Hardware, Bangladesh

MobileEditor

Reputable
Nov 13, 2014
Which two phones are you considering? There's good and bad examples of both screen types. Since you mention SAMOLED, I'm assuming one of them is made by Samsung, who is definitely the leader in OLED screens right now. They also have several different display modes, including a proper sRGB mode (Basic), so you can tailer the colors to your liking (check out our review of the Galaxy S6 and Nexus 6 to see to AMOLED screens at different ends of the spectrum). The quality of IPS screens vary quite a bit, even among flagship phones.

Rahid Rahaman

Reputable
Oct 8, 2014

thanks again... I already have a Samsung S6 Edge and a Xperia M5 Dual...Now I want a buy a phone that is only sold in my country...and I am stuck with 2 off them...as I said earlier...So the super amoled 1 is not Samsung...it's Symphony ZV Pro (http://symphony-mobile.com/product-details.php?id=193)..it only sold in my country...another 1 is also sold in my country only...Walton S4 (http://www.waltonbd.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=24_85&product_id=1092&sort=p.price&order=DESC)...

Unboxing & Hands on review: Symphony ZV Pro (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vK5lbLzcuEs)
Walton Primo S4 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rje8vfZDTo)
I know you don't know about this phones...but depending on the displays give me a solution...Plz ... Thanks

Rahid Rahaman
Bangladesh

MobileEditor

Reputable
Nov 13, 2014
Based on the screen alone, I would say go for the Walton Primo S4. At the same 720p resolution, the IPS screen will show less pixelation and display sharper images and text due to the higher sub-pixel density. The AMOLED screen at 720p may also exhibit artifacts around the edges of objects when placed on solid color backgrounds.

Since you already have two nice screen examples, you could do a side-by-side comparison if you're buying either of these phones in a retail store to check for color accuracy, etc.

Solution

Smart_2

Commendable
Sep 2, 2016
well. You can check Walton primo Rx5. its price are under 200$. but it have 13 megapixel camera, 5 megapixel from camera, large display, 3GB ram and other important feature. you can get the phone without any doubt.
check more: http://tech99news.com/walton-primo-rx5-specification-price/

Actually product of Walton are really good at the time. people are from Bangladesh are get the product with joy.

earthstar

Commendable
Jan 20, 2017
How it looks is what matters.

With Amoled types you are simply seeing a smooth glossy magazine picture on glass.

With an IPS you are beholding a 3D crystal layer effect of colors painted by pure reflections of light through the glass where you can sense the depth of the world you are seeing.

Amoled gives you the glazed smooth flat view.

IPS is viewing the world of pictures by solid water reflections in candy depth effect.

- danny cascolan