How horrible is running an fx-8350 at 65c

manchildjt

Reputable
Mar 22, 2014
Sorry for another on of this is my cpu running to hot threads but unless someone seriously convinces me I'm just looking for a discussion. Dust Buster is pretty well banned in my town and I did the immortal sin of neglecting my Seidon 120v's radaitor and I let it run up to about 65c. Wound up using an air compressor to blow it out and was honestly kinda afraid it would mess it up. After that i was getting temps like 55-58. So I thought why not overclock it. I'm at 4.5ghz 1.43v and I'm getting crap about letting it run so hot but I have read numerous threads where people just seem to agree 8350's run hot and thats ok. Thoughts?

65 is the limit. Will it combust into flames. No. Are you shortening the life of it. Probably. If the CPU is that hot than other things around it are too.

Maybe redo the thermal paste and clean off the fan blades and add some more case fans to get better airflow. I put a fan in my upper drive bay with zip ties blowing towards the MB and arear fan to exhaust so this helps a bit with cooling