cant get sound on mt samsung smart TV when connected to to my PC

GalBN

Reputable
Oct 10, 2015
i have a samsung tv (smart tv). i can't get sound on my TV when connected to my PC with HDMI cable. When i tried going to the control panel and sounds to enable sound for devices outside my computer, the tv wasnt an option...
I can get my tv to display everything that my computer does; it just does not play any of the sounds from it.
please help me

Solution
Well yeah older graphics card are not able of transferring sound through the display port. In my old GTX260 I had to use a SPDIF cable connected from my graphics to the motherboard, in order to play sound through my tv.

GalBN

Reputable
Oct 10, 2015

there is no tv audio device in the playback devices section.

GalBN

Reputable
Oct 10, 2015

i used a different HDMI cable and its the same thing - i have picture but no sound.(alsothere is no tv audio device in the playback devices section).
i dont have another TV on which i can try the HDMI cable.

Gate9er

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2012
Well yeah older graphics card are not able of transferring sound through the display port. In my old GTX260 I had to use a SPDIF cable connected from my graphics to the motherboard, in order to play sound through my tv.

Solution

GalBN

Reputable
Oct 10, 2015

so the problem is my graphics card?
do i have to replace it or is there another way to transfer also sound through the display port?

GalBN

Reputable
Oct 10, 2015

dell 0R230R

GalBN

Reputable
Oct 10, 2015

ok. thank you very much for your help.
also, if i wanted to buy a new graphics card, which one will you recommend?

GalBN

Reputable
Oct 10, 2015

i use it for vidoes, (alot of) movies, TV shows and a little bit of video games.
i dont have a budget- i think that this buy could serve me for a long time.
also i dont want to exaggerate with the price