Computer broke after downgrade from Windows 10

Frelle

Reputable
Oct 11, 2015
Hello! As title states, my laptop (Acer Aspire E1-572) completely broke after reverting back to 8.1.

The computer was somehow unable to finish the installation of Windows 8.1, and ended in a loop of automatic repair, and a blue screen of death. I then tried to do a system restore, but couldn't as my USB literally wasn't 2GB bigger than it was.

I then called the shop I bought my PC from (this is not a new PC, in case you're wondering) and asked if I could get it repaired. I got the answer yes, and had it "repaired" at them. The thing is, it turned out to have worked, but NO games or any form of picture-showing program would work properly. I have tested my FPS in both Dota 2 and Hearthstone, everything on the lowest resolution available (something around 600's) as to where I would normally run everything on low, but with the resolution on 1366x768, with 60 or more FPS STABLE.

In the Dota 2 menu, my FPS was down about 1-5, and the ingame models were really glitchy, and sometimes black, as though the pictures would not load correctly. I had my computer repaired once more, but now I'm sitting here with no good news, so I've turned to you!

I hope you can identify the problem, if it's a driver-related (hopefully) and not a motherboard issue, as they suggested it might as well could be.

Thanks in advance!

Solution
Evening,

If you are getting texture issues in game, it is most likely the hard drive.

Verify the game cache of Dota 2 and post back results here.

Also , open a command prompt window (as an admin) and type the following command followed by 'Enter'

sfc/ scannow

Post back results thereafter.

Many thanks,

NerdyComputerGuy

Distinguished
Evening,

If you are getting texture issues in game, it is most likely the hard drive.

Verify the game cache of Dota 2 and post back results here.

Also , open a command prompt window (as an admin) and type the following command followed by 'Enter'

sfc/ scannow

Post back results thereafter.

Many thanks,

Solution

Frelle

Reputable
Oct 11, 2015

Thanks for your answer, trying that out now!