I have to use msi Afterburner so my games won't crash..

Suzy Bae

Reputable
Oct 9, 2014
Title, since i have this msi gtx 970 4gd5t oc (yes a factory oc) my games keep crashing, i tried to re-install display driver numerous times still no luck,fresh install windows,playing without antivirus you name it my games keep crashing unless i use msi afterburner and maxed the power limit to 110, i heard that overclocking your gpu will makes it unstable but this is OC factory, will my GPU be harmed if i max this settings?? is there another way to solve the crashes or i have to use msi afterburner afterall??

CPU: i5 4460
Ram: 8gb
Mobo: Asus B85 Pro-Gamer
PSU: Corsair VS650

Putting the power limit to 110% won't damage your card, no. If you set it to 110% and at the bottom left of afterburner, click "Apply overclocking at startup" it should put the power limit to 110% automatically.

Suzy Bae

Reputable
Oct 9, 2014

Thanks, so i have to use msi afterburner to max the power limit so my games wont crashing. Is there another way or???

odditey

Reputable
Sep 1, 2014
tryin increasing fan speed to 65-70% if that fixes it reapply thermal paste the hotter a chip get the more resistance it generates and power it uses u could also raise voltage but only raise it the smallest increment u can at a time ( take gpu clock down to where its stable ) then increase 10 MHz at a time till it gets glitch raise voltage till it evens out rinse repeat but keep an eye on temps under load my r9 270x was crashing every couple hours raising fan speed 20% solved it