please need help windows 10 failing at everything

8bitgamer8

Honorable
Jul 23, 2014
sorry for length trying to give as much info as you will need

so my moms new pc she just got a month ago.(nothing installed other then windows itself, office, adobe suite, and steam so no real chance for viruses yet) it was working perfectly for the whole month and now is all messed up.

so first she called me into the room because when she tried to open pdfs they would not open and acrobat was not starting.
i had her restart as we all know it fixes 50%+ of issues
when it restarted(don't know if these issues were around before restart and were just missed) now the windows icon does nothing when clicked. when she went to copy files to a flash drive to bring with her the computer acted crazy slow. windows explorer keeped going in and out of not responding. cheackd task manager and nothing was using anything above 10%.
it would only go slow if you went from highlighting one image to highlighting another img file.
it would seam like it froze for 3 mins or so.
I ran a check disk on the hard drive and restarted this fixed the slow files issue
but the start button still did not work.
and now you cant even type in the cortona search bar.
and pdfs still dont open.
i stoped everything that ran at startup and still
i ran a repair on adobe install.
I checked all the drivers and not one was out dated.
i checked for system updates and there were none.
I googled the issue and only thing that came up was an issue when the beta first came out that the only way to fix was a fresh install of windows 10 wich id like to avoid.
file explorer does take longer to open then it should but still in a couple seconds

i just ran systumfile check in cmd
it said it found some corruption but could not fix and told me to look at log file
i will post that log file in one second for you

sorry for crazy long post but can anyone please help?

8bitgamer8

Honorable
Jul 23, 2014
like i said task manger says only 10% of anything is being used thats cpu memory and disk.
i tryed a systum restore to a week ago that got pdfs to open and most of the slowness and cortona fixed but i still cant press the windows button on the screen or keyboard.

netyoda

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2011
I've heard of MS Updates being downloaded as soon as systems are online. Try restarting the PC WITHOUT being connected to the Internet to see if that allows your system to work normally. I've trudged through a number of Win 10 upgrades and noticed that as soon as I booted into Win 10 Desktop, it tried to download updates right away.

8bitgamer8

Honorable
Jul 23, 2014

ok ill try it

8bitgamer8

Honorable
Jul 23, 2014
not working and old problomes are starting again.
the adobe wont open so having to view pdfs in google chrome.
start button not working.
am I really going to have to reinstall windows 10 a month in?
this is silly.

8bitgamer8

Honorable
Jul 23, 2014
tryed reinstalling windows it fixed it for a day.
then i found out the cuse
something in the adobe update was crashing and corrupting powershell(this runs alot of the user interface behind the seens)
so i had to reinstall powershall as it was so corrupted that it would not fix usings normal ways.
I know it was an adobe update as the problome came back the second adobe installed one.