New PC win 10 constant crashes in-game

AndiElse96

Reputable
Oct 12, 2015
I build a PC last weekend, and i keep getting bsod... Its not always the same but quite often MEMORY_MANAGEMENT.

I checked the cables, exchanged the RAM, repositioned the RAM, removed harddrives... i have no idea what to do. It only happens after a few minutes into a game of XCOM, CSGO, Dishonerd, so i assume it has something to do with the graphics card... I added the Minidumps in the post.

My Sytem:
CPU: i5 6600k @3,50 GHz
GPU: Nvidea GTX 970 4 GB
PSU: Be quit! 630W
Storage: Samsung 250 GB SSD
Toshiba 3GB HDD
RAM: Kingston 2x8GB

Minidump-files: http://www57.zippyshare.com/v/juHRdeN2/file.html

AndiElse96

Reputable
Oct 12, 2015
i just bought everthing last week, would suck if it is broken... so you think a different PSU could work? why does it mostly crash when i play a game?

i just got 2 BSOD with the message: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, i think it was because i was installing something

It's not about watts, it's about the quality of the PSU. Voltage regulation for instance. The power supply is supposed to send out 12V of electricity on the 12V rail, and sometimes lower quality power supplies have bad voltage regulation and don't deliver a close enough voltage.

picking out the PSU as being the faulty component with no actual evidence or discounting every single other component is an exercise in futility and generating shipping charges for RMAs. Get back to the basics, test each stick of ram individually for a LONG time, I'd be wanting to see 8+ hours on each stick. then we start talking about what else might be wrong.

Be Quiet are ok.

looked at a few more of the bugchecks and they show single bit memory corruptions.
files are being corrupted when they are loaded into memory.

if the problems don't go away with driver updates, I would be looking at the primary and memory secondary timings and confirm they are correct in BIOS. Then run memtest86 on each stick and confirm all work as expected.
I would also confirm the voltage to the memory is set correctly. (or run it at a slower speed)
PC4-17000, 1.2V, CAS Supported: 9 11 12 13 14 15 16

--
i looked at three of the bugcheck they were all in memory management but related to how data was copied from virtual memory to physical ram. Look for a driver problem. Also, 3 looked like they were modified in the debugger one of the files was the microsoft storage driver. (why i suggested the sfc and dism to repair and malware/virus scan to find cause of modified files)
-----------
update the drivers for the motherboard, then run the dism command below and reboot. Be sure to run a malwarebytes scan
and a virus scan. if you don't find a virus infecting your storage driver then run tests on your drive.
if you get another bugcheck provide a updated memory dump.

-------------------

3 of your microsoft files did not look correct in the debugger,
start cmd.exe as an admin and run
sfc.exe /scannow
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

run a malwarebytes scan.
------------
new audio driver release on 10/8/2015
update all the drivers for your motherboard. remove the 2011 AsrAppCharger.sys driver.

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z170M%20Pro4S/?cat=Download&os=Win1064

old driver installed remove
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\AsrAppCharger.sys Tue May 10 01:28:46 2011

machine info:
BIOS Version P1.40
BIOS Starting Address Segment f000
BIOS Release Date 08/13/2015
BIOS Version P1.40
BIOS Starting Address Segment f000
BIOS Release Date 08/13/2015

Manufacturer ASRock
Product Z170M Pro4S