Why does my ps4 look better than my PC??

FutureCCNA

Reputable
May 21, 2015
The Star Wars Battlefront Beta dropped recently and I originally played it for the PC on ultra settings. However I wasn't really blown away by the graphics like everyone on youtube was and I was confused why everyone thought it looked so good. Then I booted it up on my ps4 and it looked WAY BETTER. Why the hell is this? the ps4 isn't even 1080p but it looked so good compared to my pc? Could it be my monitor? It's an old dell lcd from 2009 but it's still 1920x1080 I'm aggravated because I spent 1300 on my computer and a ps4 looks tremendously better, possibly because my ps4 is hooked up to a semi new led TV...Can someone help remedy this? Will a new monitor make my PC worth the money or should I just go back to consoles all together?

FutureCCNA

Reputable
May 21, 2015
No it really does look better on the ps4, it's borderline ugly on my pc. There's jagged edges everywhere and it just doesn't look as polished, I tried every kind of anti-aliasing setting and it just didn't help.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
i second also to connect your pc to the same TV, you'll see the same :)

I get your frustration though, the monitor you bought in 2009 isn't performing like your TV, that's all it is. The colours floating around on the TV are enhanced more and has nothing to do with your PC hardware being inferior Vs Ps4 which in fact would be the other way around since your 970 is more powerful than the PS4's gpu allowing for higher resolutions and more enhanced anti aliasing options.

Not to thread jack, but are there other console gamers here.... Can we get any other xbone or ps4 vs pc comparisons.....

I`ve got everything maxed out on my gtx 670 2GB and it feels great, I can tell I am not hitting 60 fps steady but the game looks and feels amazing. Sorry keyboard is going wonky which is why I am not using question marks.

FutureCCNA

Reputable
May 21, 2015

i5 4690k
gtx 970
8 GB RAM

Technically both the PS4 and Xbox One games are all running at 1080p, the only difference is that anything less than that, it upscales, which is still 1080p, though upscaled. Resolution doesn't make things look better. An old 1080p monitor is not as good as a new 1080p monitor, there has been many changes to picture quality over the years. Majority of TV's sold today, are either using VA, or IPS with VA black levels. Without knowing what other display you use, it's impossible to tell. But resolution is not what is going to make a game look better, that's a myth. The scaler chips in the consoles however, handle colors way better than PC games, the only way around the washed out look in PC games, is by modding them. Xbox One is the closest to accurate out of the box. Connect your PC to your TV, that's the only true and accurate comparison you can make. Chances are your TV beats a decent monitor as well.

FutureCCNA

Reputable
May 21, 2015

http://www1.la.dell.com/ag/en/gen/peripherals/monitor-dell-s2409wfp/pd.aspx?refid=monitor-dell-s2409wfp&s=gen
this is my monitor, do you think it really could be the problem?

TRENDING THREADS