How to connect my PC and XBOX ONE to my G-Sync Monitor?

HalfDeadPicasso

Reputable
Dec 29, 2014
Hello everyone,

So I recently purchased a ASUS RoG Swift PG278Q that has G-Sync. I just learned that G-Sync monitors only come with one display port. How can I have my PC and my xbox one connected to this monitor? I was thinking about using a HDMI switcher, connect PC to port 1, Xbox to port 2 and run and HDMI to a DP adapter and connect that to the monitor. Will this set up affect how G-Sync performs, has anyone tried this set up yet?

Solution
HDMI doesn't have the bandwidth yet on most cards to run g-sync at full 144 or whatever your monitor is, so going down to HDMI isn't going to work.

Really don't know if there is an easy way without a bunch of expansion convetors and displayport switch boxes or something.

Should have researched this beforehand if you using the XBox ONE was a must-have feature for you.
HDMI doesn't have the bandwidth yet on most cards to run g-sync at full 144 or whatever your monitor is, so going down to HDMI isn't going to work.

Really don't know if there is an easy way without a bunch of expansion convetors and displayport switch boxes or something.

Should have researched this beforehand if you using the XBox ONE was a must-have feature for you.

Solution