Looking for a 4k G sync Monitor with a 1ms response time? Any advise?

Amberr

Honorable
Sep 14, 2014
I may be asking too much. But I want a 4k monitor with really good color depth. A very large color spectrum. To tell the truth I am not sure what the best is on that. I am sure the best is on 5k though. But I also want it to have a 1ms response time. As well as G sync. Am I asking for too much from the market right now? If so then could someone point me in the right direction? Maybe a lower rez? Or a slightly higher response time? I would like to keep it under 800, but I am willing to go higher.

Side note. Could I run one monitor with display port and then 2 more through HDMI for a 3 monitor set up. If I want to get 2 cheaper ones?

Amberr

Honorable
Sep 14, 2014
is that the RoG Swift? I have heard really good things about it. I was thinking about getting that one. Is it 4k? I thought it was 1080? Either way. If it is the closest thing to what I am asking then I will be okay with that.

I was wondering. Right now I have a 970. Do you think I should get the 980ti before or after a new monitor. I am not sure if I will be able to enjoy the 980ti on then 720p TV I am using now. I do not even think it is good enough for me to really enjoy my 970.

Thanks. Right now I have 3 HDMI ports and 1 full DP. ((do not quote me. It is dark. but I think so. I am not getting up right now either =P I have the Gigabyte 970.)) And I plan to get the 980ti soon. Not sure what brand yet. I will do more research on that as am getting closer to getting it. I am also saving for a car right now. So some things going on. Just got a raise. So wanting to upgrade =) I am willing to spend more on PC upgrade than I am a car... I need help.

Sleetz

Reputable
Mar 8, 2014
4k is 3840x2160. The one I linked is 2560x1440 but in my opinion you do not need 4k just like the 970 does not need to be upgraded. If you really want to most up to date things it will cost you a lot more and will probably not satisfy you as much as you think. Those are just my thoughts.

Amberr

Honorable
Sep 14, 2014
Also I want to build a second PC anyway. I have 2 accounts on almost everything. And I want to have a second PC to be on both sets at the same time. And for when I have people over. And one for my living room and one for my bed room. So a few reasons I want 2. =) So when I upgrade this one, I will be building my 2nd at the same time. So I think it will be a nice trade off. Get new parts I want, and a new PC at the same time. well most of it. I plan to get a new CPU, mobo((2011V3)) GPU, and PSU.((for SLI down the road)) That covers most of the cost of my 2nd PC.