Gaming case with good airflow

Anaf1

Reputable
Oct 14, 2015
Hello guys I'm building a gaming pc soon (first build) here are some of the specs

I7-6700K
Asus Z170 ROG
NZXT KRAKEN X31 or Corsair H80
R9 295X2
I was looking to get the NZXT H440 (Red/Black) but realised that airflow is terrible
So can anybody please recommend a mid-tower case with a decent glass side panel and good airflow thanks very much for the help! :)

ben001

Distinguished
Well there are many but few best options:
- Graphite series 780T [Full Tower]
- Corsair Air 540 [Mid-Tower]
- SilverStone TJ11-BW [Full-Tower]
- CM Master case pro 5 [Mid-Tower] a great case by CM btw
- Lian-Li PC-O8WX (cost a bit higher than rest but a special one) [Mid-Tower]

Good luck !

Daniel Hart

Reputable
Mar 30, 2015

I couldn't recommend the Define R5 any higher. It's sleek, silent, includes 2 silent 140mm fans, has removable drive cages, fan filters on the front and bottom, a built in fan controller, and I'm sure there's more. I absolutely love mine. Runs around 100 bucks, but you could also get the R4 which is last years, and still an awesome case for muuuch cheaper than the R5.

Anaf1

Reputable
Oct 14, 2015

Thanks very much I really like the Corsair 780T one of my favourite cases out there but I'm a bit afraid it might be a bit big for the parts. On the other hand cooler master looks nice but can't hard to beat corsair when it comes to looks and build quality of the case

Anaf1

Reputable
Oct 14, 2015

Does look like a very nice case indeed but It's my first build and I want something that will stand out like the nzxt h440 black and red matched my colour that small red on the case made it stand out and the way you can't see the power supply its small things like that make a case unique thanks very much for your help this case does look like a solid option if I can't find anything flashy lol

Daniel Hart

Reputable
Mar 30, 2015

I'd strongly advise against color coordinating your case into your build. As you upgrade it's nice to not be forced to stick to a certain scheme based on your case. I'd also advise against going for a case because it's "flashy", as it's my experience that brands that put lots of time/money into making them look flashy don't put the same time/effort into the things that count, and I'd throw NZXT near the top of that list. If your dead set on a certain color scheme for your build, go on PCPartPicker and use their filters to sort out colors, size etc, until you find what fits your criteria.

ben001

Distinguished

Somehow i feel by reviewing many of those, no doubt for selecting a CM. That case is total solid what i saw & it's even what you all say in your words "Bang for buck". Of course, 780T is something which have ample amount of space for anything (PC components) you install in it. Go for performance rather than fancy. The chassis listed above will definitely provide what you need. Either of them will be a good deal.

Good luck !