How well could i run these games? --->>

luc4m4rio

Reputable
Sep 3, 2015
Hello guys! I buyed a new GPU. Its an GTX 960 GIGABYTE G1 GAMING 2GB ,a crap i3 2100 and 8GB RAM -.- ..........

I was wonderinbg if i could play these games at ultra/high/medium and how much FPS would i have. GAMES:
Mad Max (i rly wanna buy this game so plz answer for this one)
GTA 5
Batman Arkham Knight
ARK Evolved
The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt
Metal Gear Solid V THE PHANTOM PAIN
Call of duty AW
Please if you can answer just at some games if you dont have experience :D
THX

seeingeyegod

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2009
(for 1080P I'm assuming)
Mad Max is a very smooth running game, probably will get 60fps on high
Ark is a beast and quite unoptimized, but will run fine on medium
GTAV probably 30fps on ultra or 45-60 medium-high

don't know for sure about the others but I'd think they will all run okay if you don't max out the details.

luc4m4rio

Reputable
Sep 3, 2015

Okay! THX for the answer for the Mad Max Ark and GTA V...im happy that i can play these games at least on medium :)
I wait for other answers too!

squidmam12

Honorable
Dec 10, 2013
It really depends. GTA you could run on mostly high settings with some of the more intensive cpu settings turned off. Witcher, same deal. They push that card pretty far. Turn off hairworks, and play with a mix of ultra, med, and high, and you will get anywhere from 40-60fps which is perfectly playable.

Arkham knight currently has shit optimization and was taken off the market. You can probably run that with high to ultra settings with some things turned to medium and will get a solid 40-60 fps.

Ark Evolved is optimized terribly. Early access. Honestly would avoid for now. So many early access games just take way to long and never get finished. (Dayz i'm looking at you). But you could probably play on medium setting with at least 30 fps.

Metal gear and Mad Max, you can probably max the graphics, if not come pretty close and get 60 fps.

Cod AW, isn't too hard to run. You'll be okay on high or ultra with 60 fps.

I would upgrade the CPU soon. Until dx12 is used in games, the CPU will be doing a lot of the post fx work. So you may be okay in some graphical departments, but as time passes you will find that an i3 simply wont cut it. I myself have a 6300, and i'm in desperate need of an upgrade.

Good luck, and enjoy those games

luc4m4rio

Reputable
Sep 3, 2015

Ahh THX man! I whink it was worth buying the GPU...im gonna upgrade soon to a I5 but i cant decide yet :D For now it works great thx again