Needing to upgrade my 330W Power Supply for a new Graphics Card

Ballawas

Reputable
Oct 15, 2015
Hello. First time poster. New to the site.

I'm looking to upgrade my Graphics Card, yet my Power Supply is pretty crappy.

Current PC (Bought this from iBuypower):
Power Supply: "Logisys" Total Average Output: 330W/Total Max Output 480W.
Graphics card: AMD Radeon HD 6670
Processor: AMD FX(tm)-4100 Quad-Core processor 3.60GHz
RAM: 8GB
System Type: 64-bit Operating System
Windows 7

So I need to buy a new Power Supply. My graphics card will be determined by what Power Supply I get. I am brand new to taking apart my PC and all this stuff. But it is very interesting. And I need help.

So my question is: I'm looking to get a good Power Supply that would well... work. I don't wanna buy one that has a different set up than my computer (If that is a thing). I see http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817494002 looks decent. Would this be good if I am looking to at some point buy a very good graphics card. 500W SEEMS like a lot to me.

Hope I did this right and provided enough info. Would love it for some suggestions or knowledge. Thanks.

Ballawas

Reputable
Oct 15, 2015

That is something I'm currently researching. There are so many types and all these models I can't find one really yet. I know my budget is below $300 for a Gcard. Possibly the graphics cards that would be in that price range would effect the wattage I would need so I don't overdo it, as I heard that is not good.

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator

That Lepa is a poor PSU , HERE'S A SEASONIC made one.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($51.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $51.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-10-15 16:58 EDT-0400

Check out the Tier List http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html it gives you a good idea of what ones to choose and avoid. On here, basically the same 5 power supplies are always recommended.

Ballawas

Reputable
Oct 15, 2015

Wow thank you. I will look into and consider this.

Ballawas

Reputable
Oct 15, 2015
Thanks to the both of you. Been a huge help. I will absolutely consider the XFW 550W and read up on them.