Question about dual monitors

eridjac

Reputable
Jun 21, 2015
I have an IPS monitor and it's great, but it's response time is kind of poopy (5ms, I know it's not bad but you know) so I'm going to buy another monitor with a 1ms response time for fps'. I've never set up dual monitors before so my question is:

When I want to play pretty single player games on the IPS monitor do I just start up the game while my mouse is on the IPS monitor and vice versa for the fps' or is there a default monitor that steam will always start up on? Also, GPU is a 980 Ti, will dual monitors mess with the performance or?

Solution
Most games give you the option to play on different monitors. They will start on which monitor is the primary one, all you'll need to do is go into the settings and change which display you want it running on. The change in performance will be minimal. Since you are just playing on one monitor, the GPU will just be rendering static pixels on the other one, which really does not affect it much.

Skern

Reputable
Feb 17, 2014
Most games give you the option to play on different monitors. They will start on which monitor is the primary one, all you'll need to do is go into the settings and change which display you want it running on. The change in performance will be minimal. Since you are just playing on one monitor, the GPU will just be rendering static pixels on the other one, which really does not affect it much.

Solution

eridjac

Reputable
Jun 21, 2015

Thanks!