after bombardment to upgrade to W10 from my perfectly working W7 my Dell Inspiron won't work.

Dane2know

Reputable
Oct 15, 2015
after bombardment to upgrade to W10 from my perfectly working W7 Dell Inspiron I did so stupidly as it CLAIMED I could REVERT to W7 with 1 click. They lied. I tried after finding my Firefox - where all my passswords were stored under lock and key now had a resolution problem viewing at 800x600 NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES I RESET IT TO THE PROPER MAX ONE!

I also found ALL my restore points were evaporated so there was no way to go back as is designed to fix the issue so I was forced to go back to W10 (3.5 hours each time - each way) .

NOW I get error messages every boot that says "My application won't work," and " My Dell's Stage 7 REQUIRES WINDOWS 7 TO FUNCTION - but of course I am now locked into W10.

Any ideas.?

Solution
"I tried after finding my Firefox - where all my passswords were stored under lock and key now had a resolution problem viewing at 800x600 NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES I RESET IT TO THE PROPER MAX ONE"

You need to update the video card drivers. See http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2767677/clean-graphics-driver-install-windows.html for instructions.

"I also found ALL my restore points were evaporated so there was no way to go back as is designed to fix the issue so I was forced to go back to W10 (3.5 hours each time - each way) . "

You cannot use Windows 7 restore points from Windows 10. To revert, you have to go to the settings app, then update and recovery, then go to the revert to older version. This works only during the first month...
"I tried after finding my Firefox - where all my passswords were stored under lock and key now had a resolution problem viewing at 800x600 NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES I RESET IT TO THE PROPER MAX ONE"

You need to update the video card drivers. See http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2767677/clean-graphics-driver-install-windows.html for instructions.

"I also found ALL my restore points were evaporated so there was no way to go back as is designed to fix the issue so I was forced to go back to W10 (3.5 hours each time - each way) . "

You cannot use Windows 7 restore points from Windows 10. To revert, you have to go to the settings app, then update and recovery, then go to the revert to older version. This works only during the first month or until you delete "Window.old" from your system.

"NOW I get error messages every boot that says "My application won't work," and " My Dell's Stage 7 REQUIRES WINDOWS 7 TO FUNCTION - but of course I am now locked into W10."

Most people consider that garbage to be a waste of disk space. It was buggy in 7, what makes you think it's even worth fretting over? Just use the start screen (rather than menu) and you'll get about 300% of the functionality.

Solution

Jeannette_1

Commendable
Jun 10, 2016
Contact the Microsoft Support help center. I had to get my Inspiron One completely restored after I bought the rescue USB from Dell since my PC is out of warranty. I don't recommend the Best Buy Geek Squad because they charge you to back up your Hard Drive, in my case, my hard drive was destroyed from the auto install and removal of windows 10, they installed a new hard drive but did not add any of my backups to it, none of my programs were on the new hard drive, thank goodness I had a home/student edition of 2010 Office and a 2010 outlook cds to add them back, however I had to restore my own data and I still can't get my outlook set up. My pc is totally different looking now not like when I purchased it!
But, Microsoft will discuss with you your next steps, if they can't get anywhere, go to the internet look up emails of the top executives from Microsoft email each one separately and tell them of your dilemma. That's what I had to do.