Ordering from Newegg with Newegg Gift Card

BFU2Miners

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2014
Hi, I want to place an order exclusively from Newegg to be shipped to a friend on another state/address, I've ordered parts for myself on Newegg with no issues, however I have read a LOT of complain of people getting their order rejected or voided because their Billing and Shipping address won't match. In this case it obviously will not match, I want to know if placing an order using a Newegg Gift Card only is safe from those Issues.

I buy Newegg Gift Card for me -> Place the order using that Gift Card to ship to his address.

Giving the Gift card to him is not an option since he doesn't even have a clue how to use the website.

Thank you!

neieus

Distinguished
I've never had an issue doing that and I've had things mail to my work office instead of my home billing address all the time. I've never used the gift card option so I can only assume that it would work since it wouldn't involve your address for billing so to me it makes logical sense. You could always contact their customer support and ask them.

I order and ship to a different address all the time with no problem. You might have an issue with it being to a completely different state though, as that's a pretty big red flag for fraud.

Gift card should work.

BFU2Miners

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2014

I've considered that, but I'm still trying to avoid shipping it myself or any delays with processing the order. By doing what I said above, assuming it works, it saves me time and shipping cost.

I think doing it directly should work as most retailer have that option to ship a package as "Gift" to someone else, at least I've used that service with Amazon and tigerdirect, but given that I've read mostly negative feedback about billing/shipping address mismatch I wouldn't want to risk delays or deal with pending refund on hold for days. I think It happened to me back in early 2013 when buying MS points from them, I had a little issue with the billing address, my order was cancelled but I still was charged and It took from 3-7 days to return the money to my CC.

But sure thing, I'll check with them to make sure. Thank you for your replies, if anyone else have any experience with these Gift Card I'll still would like to listen.